Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

kwiltkrazy 09-06-2013 05:45 PM

Welcome Alikat, your colors are gorgeous.

Qns- that turned out beauuuuutifullllllll!

Will miss your beautiful blocks Gladdie; but do stay and give us encouragement.

Anael 09-06-2013 09:30 PM

QNS, that turned out just beautiful!

Alikat, welcome! Great fabrics :)

OK, sorry to see you 'go'. Like kwiltkwazy said, stay and encourage us on our journey.

Caroline S 09-07-2013 05:00 AM

Love your color choices Alikat. Welcome

deranged_damsel 09-07-2013 05:17 AM

NinaSue :D :D :D it is beautiful!!!

DogHouseMom 09-07-2013 05:30 AM

QNS ... very pretty. I never would have guessed that you are struggling with vision problems. The green 'swirl' you have looks like a darker color way to the fabric I'm using. Is your's a fabric from the Hoffman Challenge group a few years back?

QuiltingNinaSue 09-07-2013 06:20 AM

Yes, No, DHM, it was in my stash; have another piece similar to that...liked the colors for my Grandmother's Garden by E. Burns pattern book a UFO that is two thirds done....flowers in 3D on quilt, queen sized. so I have a tub of light greens, medium greens,and dark greens. Same is true for light beiges, medium and dark, maybe for a tone on tone.

quilthappygail 09-07-2013 08:07 AM

JeanieG, you are so right! I am so used to using a rotary cutter for all my cutting I forget about the original cutting tool for quilters. I am starting them right away. Thanks for the knock over the head I needed that. Printed out all patterns and am trying to make up my mind as to what color way I want for these Spikes. Keep the prettys coming I just love every one so far.
Gail

grannyQ 09-07-2013 10:25 AM

Very pretty QNS, I really like your colors. I had to use the seam ripper a lot on the 2 blocks I have made, so you are not the only one to rip-it. I threw one section away rather than rip.
Welcome to all the newcomers, glad you are along for the ride.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-07-2013 11:13 AM

GrannyQ, I would have never guessed that you had to use your seam ripper. Love the way you use your colors and get a perfect form to you block. If I go slowly enough, I make less mistakes; check things twice then sew or cut. Or walk away for a break and then come back to it. I find I am 'still' learning, too, and hints passed along, I stop read and think... "now why didn't I think of that??"

grannyQ 09-07-2013 06:18 PM

QNS, I use that darn seam ripper a lot, sometimes too much. Sometimes it is easier just to leave the sewing alone for awhile and go back later. I really enjoy seeing every ones sewing projects even if I can't comment at the time they are shown. I was hoping to get a lot done last week and next week but I've had diverticulitis for 2 weeks now. Spent 4 hours in ER. So don't know how or if I will catch up on all of the spike blocks. On my blocks I just use the stack & whack method. Next Monday I see a surgeon & find out if i will be having surgery for a lumpectomy or more, may have to have chemo & radiation. Not looking forward to that at all. We won't know how DH treatment are working until sometime next month. DS is doing much better from his triple by-pass. He is hoping to go back to work before long. Hope your eye surgery goes well for you, my prayers are with you, I have a friend that is also going to have cataracks (sp) next month, she also is blind in one eye.