Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

mirabelle 09-07-2013 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean (Post 6276375)
Yes trying to stay on top of this PP. I've never done a whole pp quilt before so I'm trying to stay on top of it. When will we get cutting instructions for #3 & #4. I tried but I was not sure if I was doing it right so I stopped. Thank you for all you guys help. I'm enjoying this so far.

Hi JuanitaBean, I am just home from a weekend retreat and will post cutting instructions for blocks 3 and 4 in the next few days. Just need coffee and sleep, lots of it:D

frustratedquilter40 09-07-2013 07:13 PM

Welcome home mirabelle hope you hade fun at your retreat. I know when I came home from a retreat I need rest and time to unwind. We will wait patiently until you are ready. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this for us :thumbup:

mirabelle 09-07-2013 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
GrannyQ keeping you in my prayers, hope everything goes well for you.

I have been home for a couple of hours, am really brain dead after a big weekend on the mountain. DD has just left to drive home to her place. We had the power go out late Saturday afternoon but it was back on by dinner time.

Here is my first block all finished with triangles attached.

mirabelle 09-07-2013 08:12 PM

I am just reminding you that I said I was tired, I already posted a pic of my block:D it is definitely time for a nana nap...

Caroline S 09-08-2013 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My Sept Block 1 finished last night.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]434654[/ATTACH]
I finally found the back ground fabric, Fairy Frost Ivory last week. You can't see it in photo 2
but you can see the "glitz" in photo 1.
Now on to block 2

frustratedquilter40 09-08-2013 07:46 AM

Caroline S your block looks great love your color choices! I also used a fairy frost I have for the yellow centerpart. Came across a piece of white last night in my stash but not a very large piece.

dutchie 09-08-2013 02:22 PM

Happily Singing The Blues!

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my first block, all in blues. I've been digging deep into the my mounds of scraps and have found enough blues to create my own Great Lake so my theme for this quilt-along will be scrappy and blue. I haven't settled on the corner triangles yet but they will be slight different than the published pattern. I'm always hyper-critical of my own work and now is no exception. Not perfect but presentable and I'm happy with it.

Sue

alikat110 09-08-2013 02:56 PM

Wow, more beautiful blocks. Did not get to start mine yet, but did finish my boom blocks so should get to start this week. Yeah! I am very inspired!!!

JuanitaBean 09-08-2013 03:10 PM

duchie like your block

JuanitaBean 09-08-2013 03:13 PM

caroline like you block