Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

Caroline S 09-03-2013 06:07 AM

Such a variety of color choices. Love them all. I started Block 1 last night. I broke my promise to NOT start until I finished my Dusky Grouse quilt. Got so bored sewing on the binding, 1/2 done as of now.

Mariposa 09-03-2013 07:07 AM

Such a lovely variety of colorways in the blocks! Thanks for the inspiration!

ljs317 09-03-2013 07:30 AM

Oh! Girls! Those are just fantastic! I can't wait to see the next block and the next and the next!

deranged_damsel 09-03-2013 07:44 AM

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have been slow to get started but WOW what an inspiration!!! :D :D :D

gramquilter2 09-03-2013 08:02 AM

Beautiful blocks everyone. Have tried to post my block but so far it hasn't allowed me to get my block on, maybe later! But love the blocks everyone has done. :thumbup:

dublb 09-03-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6270832)
So it looks like I'm the first to post my block? Ok, here it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433826[/ATTACH]
I didn't do the setting triangles yet.

Anael ya did post the first block!!! :) I just love your contrast! This block just shines! Hmmm kinda makes me think o' tulips.

Originally Posted by carriem (Post 6271087)
Anael--very pretty block. :)

Here is my block #1

I wonder why your pict didn't copy like the rest o' 'em? It's a truly "Carrie" block. ;) I just love how ya used the yellow ta unite your block.

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 6271099)
Very pretty blocks Anael & Carrie. I think people are going to be amazed at how different the same block pattern looks with different fabric choices. Here's mine:[ATTACH=CONFIG]433837[/ATTACH]

Oh I just love it in the red & black!!! Those yellow centers just shine!!!

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 6271231)
What lovely colors and blocks!! I am finding these fun, even though they don't go fast with all the tiny pieces! Here is mine.[ATTACH=CONFIG]433844[/ATTACH]

Your block just dances! It seems ta f=grow from the center out! It's just amaizin'!

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 6271245)
Beautiful blocks ladies, lots of color, here is my first block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433846[/ATTACH]

This is a vintage Grannie Q.block. ;) I knew immediately it was yours. Such an awesome cool block, w/the cool blue radiatin' out. :) I have told ya blue is my favorite color haven't I?

Hmmm now none o' the picts are showin'up. Ptffff.

DogHouseMom 09-03-2013 08:25 AM

Such lovely ... gorgeous .. blocks so far!! And all so different! Different from mine as well, which I will post this evening when I get home from work.

We don't have to pick a favorite do we? I can't!!!

JuanitaBean 09-03-2013 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This was a good challenge for me I have not done very much PP. But happy with it. Hope it gets faster it took me all day to do it.
Everyone block are so pretty love the all.

SewExtremeSeams 09-03-2013 09:15 AM

Wow! What a color and fabric placement study y'all have provided. Everyone's is so beautiful and so different.

Anael 09-03-2013 09:30 AM

Juanita, your block is lovely! It took me quite a while too to make the block and I'm used to PP so it's not just you :)