Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

DogHouseMom 09-03-2013 12:34 PM

More eye candy!! So many pretty blocks coming.

I'm almost tempted to make another set with some different colors now that I see these!!

grannyQ 09-03-2013 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 6271262)
Oh grannyQ, that's gorgeous! Are you going to use black/white with color for all the blocks?

Anael, I am planning on using the black/white with different accent colors, I also have my second block done.
Wow, everyone's block is so different but so pretty, we will be making a big splash with these blocks.

bj 09-03-2013 12:57 PM

All I can say is WOW! Thank goodness I don't have to try to pick a favorite. It would be an impossible task. They're all gorgeous! Good job ladies.

oksewglad 09-03-2013 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by marne (Post 6271913)
Such absolutely stunning blocks!!!!

I picked fabric, but now after looking at all these beauties, I am second guessing myself.

marne I'm sure the fabric you have chosen is just great--so don't be afraid to go with what you have picked. I'm inspired to go get mine started. Wish me luck.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-03-2013 01:32 PM

My block is slowly taking shape; had to quit on it today, so only finished one more division...makes three now,so guess I am half way. Loved all the 'eye' candy; Wow and double wow. Neat, beautiful, and look perfect in every way.

mirabelle 09-03-2013 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow beautiful eye candy this morning, here is my first block. I am using the same green and main fabric throughout and the same setting triangle fabric, just changing up the colour combo a little.. Fabric compliments of my DD:D

ann clare 09-03-2013 01:41 PM

WOW. Such beautiful blocks. Love them all.

frustratedquilter40 09-03-2013 02:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I love, love , love everyone's that has been posted not a one in the bunch that I would not like to own. They all are so beautiful and unique to each individual.

Here is my 1st block have not added the sides to make it a rectangle as not sure what color I want to use may wait till the end to make a decision on that part. Sticking with the suggested colors at this point the really dark color is actually purple but at least on my monitor it looks almost dark blue or even black.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433926[/ATTACH]

DogHouseMom 09-03-2013 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok ... here's mine. Soooo different from the others. Can you tell I have a weakness for prints with gold??? You cant' see it in this pic, but even the green fabric has gold edging on each "branch"

I'll be using the same background fabric, and the same green fabric for the "leaf" part in all the blocks. As you can see I changed the color between each of the flowers to the leaf fabric to look like stems. I fussy cut medallions for the center of the flower. Fussy cutting is not so much fun when paper piecing!!

JeanieG 09-03-2013 04:44 PM

Oh, three more beautiful blocks! Keep them coming everyone!!!