Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The "SYE" Spike your English BOM Quilt-Along- September (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sye-spike-your-english-bom-quilt-along-september-t229346.html)

CindyA 09-04-2013 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue (Post 6272149)
My block is slowly taking shape; had to quit on it today, so only finished one more division...makes three now,so guess I am half way. Loved all the 'eye' candy; Wow and double wow. Neat, beautiful, and look perfect in every way.

QNS I should be doing it your way and I would've hopefully avoided my mistake (see above). Can't wait to see yours. :)

mirabelle 09-04-2013 03:55 AM

Beautiful block CindyA, the black binding will certainly make it pop.

Honchey 09-04-2013 04:37 AM

Oh MY!!!!!! What do we have here????
We arrived safe & sound & earlier than expected ....so Guess what QuiltE??? I went to Bingo!!! Just woke up... I am having my coffee and I'm looking at all these Gorgeous blocks!!!! Have to go to the store to pick up some milk etc, so I will check in later to really look thru all the pages better...one day..7 pages...Yikes!!! Is this fun or what!!!

carriem 09-04-2013 04:43 AM

Dublb does such a great job complimenting each block...I will just echo her sentiments. :) Everyone has done such a great job. I can't wait to see some more.

So far 14 have been posted. What was the unofficial count last time? 50 some? Lots more eye candy to come!

QuiltingNinaSue 09-04-2013 05:01 AM

Success this morning, got the machine threaded finally! Challenge of impaired vision...getting the thread in the right channel before I can sew. Onward! Have a great day.

Yes, Cindy, I will be happy if mine turns out as good as yours. Lots of beautiful work here and beautiful colors, looking forward to seeing more. It does take a mite of time for each slice/section of the 'pizza' block...at least for me. Measurements from Mirabelle really truly helps. Thank you Mirabelle.

oksewglad 09-04-2013 07:51 AM

You are so right QNS! The measurements are a Godsend. What I started last night was to sew all 6 sections at a time and. So I'm repeating the same step 6 times. No all my slices didn't get done but I think this is going faster than if I did each slice before moving onto the next.

CindyA your block was the first thing that greeted me when I opened the thread and all I could say was "Oh". The block reminds me of calla lilies. You are going to have a beautiful set of place mats. You might want to run out and buy clear dishes and eat no food from them.:D

Everyone's blocks are so beautiful.

Speaking of QE--poor girl she's going to spend hours catching up on what she's missed!

happy grandma 09-04-2013 09:18 AM

Can anyone join this? I love the block.

QuiltingNinaSue 09-04-2013 10:20 AM

Of course we welcome one and all. Patterns are free on Quilting on the Square, BOM. Just ask questions and one of us will answer.

Groovy Pieces 09-04-2013 11:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wonderful Blocks - Great Colorways ! ! ! ! !

Ta-Daaaaahhhhh . . . Here's mine . . .

Anael 09-04-2013 11:13 AM

Yeah, another lovely block! Well done GP :)