Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Macybaby 03-29-2018 08:34 AM

Got all four corners sewn on - now on to the borders. Right now it's about 70 x 70, so plenty of room to go bigger.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...pslig8smud.jpg

I have enough blocks to add one row top and bottom, but not sure if I have enough sashing for them.

I want to do a peiced border, but will need to get creative if I want to avoid buying any more fabric.

auntjo 03-29-2018 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
WOw you ladies are fast! .. and your blocks & finishing ideas are stunning! For so long I felt like I was the only one here working on it - tho I didn't start when this thread started. But Anael is always here as long as someone is working on it and posting it seems.. I've seen the notices about posts on here , but didn't have any idea until I read thru this morning the amount of activity going on - there's already a top coming together!!! I haven't touched my SBS since the beginning of the year - have the next couple blocks of scrappy fabrics picked out and the templates ready - just haven't gotten to it! The rest are still on on my design wall tho - I love watching the progress. I was 3 quilts deep over it this winter!! Got caught up in the Bonnie Hunter "On Ringo Lake" for the winter. Needed to design additional borders to make it a queen bed quilt, designed & pieced a back and it is now on my Tin Lizzie with one pass quilted. Also designed an additional border and am designing the pieced back for another Bonnie Hunter "Razzle Dazzle" I started a few years ago. Now that it has a home to go to it was time to finish it up for a nephews wedding present. Had to travel w/my Mom back to Florida for a family visit last week and hoping to get a plan in place to drive her home to Iowa end of April. Her hands are not working as well as she would like after breaking both her wrists last October and I'm thinking this may be her last year attempt to stay in her house by herself. We shall see. After our FLorida visit, my cousins have decided we need to plan a cousins reunion for 2019 - & we're going to include a celebration for my Mom's 90th birthday while we have family together... My youngest S28 was here for an impromptu visit between Hawaii and his next job in Mississippi right before I left & a couple days after we got back. Got home to a flooded studio which he helped my SO rip up the carpet (which can be salvaged, but the particle board underneath got wet enuf to swell and create little hills in my floor space.). So for right now I can't do any sewing for awhile and am going to have to do some major adjusting to keep my quilting pattern continuous after moving my 14 foot Tin Lizzie frame around to get to the carpet underneath. I'm retired and still can't get thru these projects as fast as you ladies. With my Mom here I am a bit limited to time in my studio during the week & typically spend the weekends w/the SO, but I do enjoy the process. We'll see if that changes when he retires this summer. He likes the idea of me getting to spend time in my studio and loves the creations that come out even if only 3-4 quilts finished a year - some finishing up old UFOs and some new. My Dear Jane took several years to finish also. But I was teaching f/t before I took advantage of DH's RR Retirement when I turned 60, (he died 7 yrs ago), then I sold my house & made a move to begin a new chapter in my life. Guess I should pay a bit more attention to what's going on here. Looks like you ladies will be done before I even get started again - but I will continue to plod along.[ATTACH=CONFIG]591883[/ATTACH]

DonnaPea 03-29-2018 11:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Aunt Jo - You sure have a lot going on in your life. Sad to see your floor in the state it is in, and hope that gets fixed soon. I would love to see some of your blocks. I too am plodding along; Macybaby & Teen are true Sylvia speedsters. Macybaby - what a quilt you are creating, just stunning. And it came together so quickly too! Here is my Bride's Bouquet and a vastly improved H-7. Thanks to y'all for the help. It takes a village to put Sylvia together. H-7 isn't perfect but I'm no longer embarrassed by it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]591888[/ATTACH]

Anael 03-29-2018 11:51 AM

I will be here Auntjo, no matter what :)
I never tried a Bonnie Hunter pattern, too many of the same stuff. I get bored easily, that's why I love sampler quilts. So great to still have a Mom. Mine passed away 20 years ago and I still miss her.

Macebaby, all I can say is WOWWWWW. Thats one stunning quilt!

Teen, great blocks, I love the colours used in K10!

I was embroidering the last block for the Kaleidoscope quilt when my sweater got stuck in the screw of the hoop. It got out of balance, I was embroidering the second owl of that block and had to start all over again. Tomorrow I will try again! Didn't feel like doing that today......;)

Anael 03-29-2018 11:52 AM

Ohhhh those are such lovely bridal colours, what a beautiful bouquet!
Well done on H7 DonnaPea!! No need to be embarrassed :)

Teen 03-29-2018 02:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Macybaby...looks fantastic. I was flipping around the internet last night I Saw a layout similar to yours...I'm liking yours better...

Auntjo.... My goodness,you've had yourself a bit of a time of it. So sorry to hear of the challenges and looking forward to seeing your SBS blocks again. Your energy was one of the reasons I Started this project, initially!!

Donna...your bridal,bouquet is beautiful and far out on the H7. By the way, you never have reason to be embarrassed with your work. You are your own worst critic.... Your blocks are wonderful and I LOVE your fabrics.... Keep,on Rollin, girlfriend!

Lookie lookie, Macybaby!!! Y-Seams!!! Woohoo! Thank you!

2 completed today though I have one additionally half done. 15 to go!!

Teen 03-29-2018 03:02 PM

Anael....sorry about your flub-up today. I almost burned my ironing board today by leaving my iron flat. I have never done that before. I was so focused on the friggin Y-seams..lol! " Tomorrow is another day!"

Teen 03-30-2018 04:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
13 to go.... Happy Easter, lovelies!

Anael 03-30-2018 06:37 PM

WOW..........gorgeous blocks Teen!!

Happy Easter to all !!

Macybaby 03-31-2018 05:53 AM

I' been working on my last border, and it's using up a lot more scraps. Got them all cut and now I'm getting ready to start sewing.

I'm doing a block that is mirrored, and with batiks I just cut them all the same and am flipping half over.