Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 07-11-2018 09:10 AM

Hi NZ!!!! Great to see you again!!!!!!! Glad the move went well.
That must have been a nice surprise, finding the original hardwood floors!
Well, the most important thing is working........the sewing machine :D :D

Teen 07-11-2018 05:50 PM

NZ...waving!!!!! So glad you are all together, again! Your new home discovery sounds amazing. That is so cool to live in old historic house and to discover those beautiful floors. You'll need to make those fabric rugs that use 2 1/2" strips and batting. that's on my list for my new farmhouse...So exciting!

DonnaPea 07-12-2018 11:29 AM

Welcome back, NZquilter! Glad the move is behind you and you can start getting settled in. I love old homes, and what a bonus to have original floors that survived the years. Enjoy, and I suggest you reward yourself for all your hard work by sewing an SBS block or 2.

22 more for me to go...

Judith1005 07-12-2018 12:24 PM

Welcome back NZquilter. So happy to hear your settling into your new house. Hard wood floors :shock:! What a great find. I can't wait till you find a little "me" sewing time. I look forward to seeing more R/W/B blocks.

Teen 07-12-2018 01:16 PM

Right on, Donna!!! So close...

Anael 07-13-2018 10:29 AM

Oh wow Donna, just a few more and you're done!!

auntjo 07-14-2018 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
NZ good to hear you're settling in. Sounds like a cool new place. I think I'm at less than 25 blocks left.
Our guild had another "garage sale" meeting in July (along w/their annual Ice Cream social) so I of course picked up quite a few pieces of fabric at prices I'm much more aggreable to paying. Might have some different combinations yet for the next few Sylvia blocks.. H
ave made progress on this years Xmas the past couple weeks.. Quilting done on the Chain Link quilt - now to cut and attach the binding and make a label. Top done on the quilt for my G'd 13 (a kit that caught my eye a few years back for her) - now to come up w/an appropriate back...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597846[/ATTACH]

DonnaPea 07-15-2018 03:46 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Auntjo - your quilting studio is such an interesting place to view! Here are a few I finished up this weekend. Probably all from me for this week; I head to Washington DC tomorrow for a conference, so no sewing for me for a few days. Have a great week, everyone.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]597916[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597917[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597918[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597920[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597921[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]597922[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 07-15-2018 03:58 PM

Nice job Donna Pea. I hope you enjoy your conference. You can dream of your fabric choices while your away.

Aunt Jo, great quilty hideaway. The quilting on the quilt on the long arm looks beautiful. The colorful one hanging sure reminds me of the retro colors of the 70's. And still looks very sleek and modern.

Teen 07-15-2018 05:41 PM

Auntjo...both quilts are beautiful. Congratulations on finall getting to that quilt kit. I have so many kits, mostly applique projects...no time or motivation yet.

Donna....al blocks look fabulous but I absolutely love the Hunters Star... well done and have a safe trip to DC. Enjoy your conference. Just curious, if able to share, but what is the conference you are attending?