Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

auntjo 08-12-2018 12:39 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Now that I've finished the king size "Chain Link" for my brother & his wife's X'mas, almost completed the twin size "Chain Link for g'son Xmas (ran out of the right green for the flanged binding for now), have completed the back of g'd's Xmas gift quilt & have it on the quilting frame and almost ready w/designs to start quilting in the blocks, borders, & sashing - am getting around to doing some math to see if I have enough of what I'm thinking of using for finishing the SBS - a pic of what I'm thinking. I think I like the one in the book better, but there is something about the shadow box look to - but w/the same colors as the one in the book.. Not sure yet if I have enough of what I already have to start cutting & laying out on the design wall w/the blocks that are already done. Now to get back to work on the last few blocks left to do while I'm in between other projects.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599340[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599342[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599343[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 08-12-2018 02:24 PM

AuntJo, those are some great finishes. Looks like you will be all ready come Christmas time. Smart woman!

Judith1005 08-12-2018 02:28 PM

I am moving on to finish the R/W/B quilt from the swap blocks I exchanged in the swap here on the QB. My DSIL is back from Afghanistan. I want to hand deliver it in October when we visit for my grandson's and granddaughter's birthday. (Not twins. Their birthdays are just a few weeks apart. And with busy schedules being what they are, it is just easier to celebrate them together.) I'm also hoping to finish one of my farm quilts by then as well.

Teen 08-12-2018 03:45 PM

Judith...your quilt is fantastic....so crisp and fresh. Well done... And, praise be that he will returning from deployment soon...safe... My nephew is on his 5th deployment right now and due home Christmas time. Bless our soldiers...

auntjo....incredible finishes. You've been busy and results are stunning...

Anael....fascinating plant. I have never seen that before...really neat photo...

Anael 08-12-2018 09:20 PM

Wow auntjo, beautiful!!!! I like the shadow box idea.

Teen, it's a fungus, destroying the tree. I've seen them before but not this bright yellow. It's edible but I can't imagine using it for dinner!

DonnaPea 08-13-2018 04:42 AM

So many pretty quilts & pictures on this thread this morning. Aunt Jo & Judith - love both of your quilts, very different from each other in colors, but I love them both. Aunt Jo - I like the shadow box look too & think it would look great on your blocks. I am still tweaking and adding sashing to my blocks. Still undecided about cornerstones, am now thinking that with so many colors going on it might be best to go without them.

auntjo 08-14-2018 03:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Todays progress during sewing session w/my beginner quilter friend as she finished another donation quilts binding. K4 Glorified Nine Patch, K6 Gentlemen's Fancy, and N7 Duck & Ducklings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]599554[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599555[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]599556[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 08-14-2018 05:15 PM

Great Job AuntJo, those sure are some pretty blocks!

Judith1005 08-15-2018 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Teen (Post 8110198)
Judith...your quilt is fantastic....so crisp and fresh. Well done... And, praise be that he will returning from deployment soon...safe... My nephew is on his 5th deployment right now and due home Christmas time. Bless our soldiers...

auntjo....incredible finishes. You've been busy and results are stunning...

Anael....fascinating plant. I have never seen that before...really neat photo...

Teen, I will keep your nephew in my prayers. 5 tours, that is a lot. He will be upper most in my thoughts!

DonnaPea 08-15-2018 05:10 AM

Lookin' good, Aunt Jo!