Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Teen 09-23-2018 10:47 AM

I love the "portable" fireplace idea.. It is beautiful and most the time, I just like the ambience of a fire and not the heat one provides. I changed to a gas log a few years ago because of the soot and mess. Haven't turned it on in a couple of years. In my new home, we are installing pellet stoves...which I love. I have 3 antiques stoves in my home and love the look and feel of vintage. My new farmhouse will be perfect for them. Your quilt is stunning...thank you for sharing...

NZquilter 09-23-2018 01:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Ladies!!:wave:

I haven't dropped of the edge of the earth entirely. Just just finished another UFO top yesterday and got around to another couple of blocks for SBS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601547[/ATTACH]

I love these red white and blue fabrics!

Teen 09-23-2018 03:09 PM

Looks fantastic, NZ....this quilt is so gonna rock... I love this fabric, too, and awesome piecing...

Anael 09-23-2018 09:56 PM

Yeahhh NZ, you're back :D Those blocks are gorgeous and lovely fabrics!!

Anael 09-24-2018 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was out early this morning. One photo to share with you. I took more but those might appear in my album :)

Dew drops on a flower leaf (macro)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]601559[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 09-24-2018 04:05 AM

DonnaPea, I love your 9Patch wall hanging. Thank you for sharing your photo. Your quilt is going to be beautiful hand quilted. What a labor of love!

No fire place here. I live in FLorida. I doubt I would ever need to use one here. Although, I know some of the houses in our development have them. My neighbor has one. I think I've seen it in use maybe 3 times in the 16 years I've lived in this house. It just doesn't get cold enough.

NZ, your blocks are so nice. I can't wait to see more of them together as you go along. I've always been a fan of Red/White/Blue. How are doing settling into your new house?

Anael, that's an awesome photo. Looks like you are having a lot fun with your camera.

Anael 09-24-2018 04:47 AM

DonnaPea, so sorry!! I didn't mention your 9P wall hanging. I LOVE it!! It's a simple block and a stunning result! Thanks so much for sharing!

DonnaPea 09-24-2018 04:56 AM

Nice job, NZQuilter! I love red/white/blue fabrics, will be fun to see yours come together. Great picture, Anael. It's the small things in nature that are so exquisite, isn't it?

oksewglad 09-24-2018 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaPea (Post 8132281)
Nice job, NZQuilter! I love red/white/blue fabrics, will be fun to see yours come together. Great picture, Anael. It's the small things in nature that are so exquisite, isn't it?

The thing is we have to take time to notice the small things...lovely photo, indeed!

Anael 09-24-2018 06:29 AM

Thank you so much ladies!!