Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

DottyD 12-19-2013 10:19 AM

Thanks so much Anael - I had so much Christmas fabric - these little blocks are a great way to use it !

mirabelle 12-19-2013 08:44 PM

DottyD I love your virtual wall of blocks, so great to see how your quilt is growing.

thimblebug6000 12-19-2013 09:23 PM

DottyD....wow....those are both impressive! Where/how did you get your Virtual design wall, is it a program that can be purchased or something like an excel spreadsheet?

sue z q 12-20-2013 08:15 AM

I had sort of put this one aside, thinking I'd never finish, but I'm planning to follow along with you. I have a few blocks done and several in packages ready to sew. I was thinking of doing a QAYG on this quilt. If I can't keep up I'll watch everyone else. Fun, fun for the New Year.

DottyD 12-21-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 6465105)
DottyD....wow....those are both impressive! Where/how did you get your Virtual design wall, is it a program that can be purchased or something like an excel spreadsheet?

Hi Mirabelle,
Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I discovered the design wall when I was doing my Dear Jane - but sadly Sharon Mastbrook - who put all the details of how to upload it - has for some reason - removed all the details of how to do it from the web - so I am afraid I can't help you. Lots of people tried to find out how to do it - I believe even Brenda Papadakis ( who wrote Dear Jane) could not find out why it disappeared ! I am so sorry about that.
Regards,
Dot.

Anael 12-21-2013 01:06 PM

About 2 years ago I tried to install that design wall but it didn't work. It's a pity it's removed as it's a great way to show your blocks!

Retired Quilter 12-21-2013 07:07 PM

I have been involved with Sylvia's Bridal quilt classes for three years. I have about 6 blocks to complete. I plan to make two or three quilts with the blocks. The one I am designing now will have an 18" X 18" applique in the center Sylvia blocks will be surrounding that. Enjoyed the classes and learned much about piecing. After piecing a 6 1/2" block doing the same in a larger block is a piece of cake.

sarahelloyd 12-21-2013 07:11 PM

I love the quilt, but having done the Dear Jane I don't think I could take on another one like that

Carsey 12-21-2013 07:46 PM

This sounds like fun. I will have to get the book.

thimblebug6000 12-26-2013 04:50 PM

Anael: I finally figured out how to make a grid in my EQ5 so will try to get my blocks inserted into that once we start. I am wondering if you have made a definite plan yet about how we will start... will you post which blocks to work on each week (which I think is a great idea) or will we all just work on whatever we choose..... I'm hoping for a little structure on this one to keep me in line ;)