Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/sylvia-bridal-sampler-bow-t236858.html)

Anael 10-24-2014 11:14 PM

Wow Aunt Jo!!!! Those blocks are beautiful. Look at all those points........perfect ! ! !

Yes Laurafet, new assignments are coming. As most of you are a bit behind I thought I'm going to post the skipped weeks only so that gives you all a bit time to catch up.

mirabelle 10-26-2014 10:21 PM

Thanks Anael, I am way behind, but I WILL catch up. I made 2 last week but they are not the assigned blocks so will put them aside for a later date.

Beautiful blocks Auntjo, you sure are busy...

Anael 10-27-2014 05:30 AM

Here are the assignments for the skipped weeks.

week 33
H 3 Sarah's Choice
L 1 Friendship Quilt

week 34
J 6 Puss in the Corner
N 2 Card Trick

I tried to find blocks which are not too hard.
The next assignment will be on November 16th.
Good luck all :)

auntjo 10-27-2014 11:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Wk. 23 & 24. Can you tell I'm not working on the other stuff right now. But these are kind of addictive...

Anael 10-27-2014 11:48 AM

Very pretty Aunt Jo :)

thimblebug6000 10-27-2014 04:43 PM

Great blocks auntjo..... and thanks Anael.... of course we just came home after another 4 day stint away.... And I guess my biggest stumbling block to catch up is... I'm trying to machine quilt our winter bed quilt on my sapphire....and my friend who has decided to quit quilting..... I'm going through all her bins.... choosing the ones I think will fit my style.... washing etc them and then.... finding homes locally for the rest of her stash. She has bins of samples from fabric companies....and no...she/we are not able to mail/ship/post pics of these.... whew... and so ... it may be some time before I am in a position to get back to stitching my Sylvia blocks.... I've already figured out that I need to plunk my retreat machine on my dining room table if there's any hope at all of me stitching in the near future... BUT.... please keep posting your pictures everybody to keep me in the right place!

Anael 10-27-2014 10:42 PM

Don't worry Thimblebug, one day you will get back to Sylvia. You will have more stash to choose from :D :D And we will be here to admire your blocks!

thimblebug6000 10-29-2014 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And so.... no more sewing for the next little while...but just in case you didn't believe me... here's a photo of the fabrics I have chosen....washed..dried....folded.... still on the guest bed though...ugh.... sure hope I can figure out a plan before any overnight company arrives![ATTACH=CONFIG]497045[/ATTACH] I have bags in my truck to deliver to local church groups etc.... ...

giquilt 10-29-2014 08:00 PM

I am so sorry I have not been able to keep up. Sylvia is currently a WIP. I will not even think those other letters so it will not come true. Still enjoy looking at everyone work.

mirabelle 10-29-2014 11:07 PM

giquilt you can bring up the rear with me, I have fallen behind (sometimes life just gets in the way). I did cut 8 blocks today and plan on working on them at patchwork tomorrow.

Thimblebug6000 what a wonderful selection of fabric to choose from