Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Welcome Aboard the Mystery Quilt Train - Never Too Late to Join the Ride! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/welcome-aboard-mystery-quilt-train-never-too-late-join-ride-t180032.html)

Yosamitesa 03-05-2012 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK...got my fabs and will get them cut and start sewing either tonight or tomorrow. :) Here are my fabrics I chose...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317551[/ATTACH]

Foxflower 03-05-2012 12:08 PM

OOOh, pretty. Like the "blueberry crisp" stack I saw recently in a catalog. Definitely slobber worthy.

Yosamitesa 03-05-2012 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Foxflower (Post 5033765)
OOOh, pretty. Like the "blueberry crisp" stack I saw recently in a catalog. Definitely slobber worthy.

Yep!!! It is Blueberry Crumb by Moda. Took me 30 minutes of walking the quilt store before I finally decided on this line and these fabrics. :)

SunlitenSmiles 03-05-2012 12:15 PM

will someone in Maine send lobster bibs to all on this thread......we seem to have an outbreak of slobbering

(let fabric dry before trying to sew it)

PokerDiva 03-05-2012 12:44 PM

The problem that irritates me the most is it takes me to the bottom of the last page instead of my last read post. I have to backtrack sometimes through pages to find my last read and I know I miss a lot of your posts so if someone asks me something and I don't answer please ask again.

whitepine 03-05-2012 12:47 PM

I have a question, Judy or anyone. Since the directions are emphasizing the importance of the quarter inch seam, down to a thread's width, do you count the stitching itself when you are measuring, or just up to the edge of the seam? Silly question ;):p:shock:, I don't sew that accurately anyway.

lovelyl 03-05-2012 12:54 PM

I have the same problem, it seems like it used to take me to the last one read, but now I find I am missing pics and comments if I don't read the posts "backwards" - well, you know what I mean....

SunlitenSmiles 03-05-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5033899)
I have a question, Judy or anyone. Since the directions are emphasizing the importance of the quarter inch seam, down to a thread's width, do you count the stitching itself when you are measuring, or just up to the edge of the seam? Silly question ;):p:shock:, I don't sew that accurately anyway.

the bottom line is when all are sewn together and pressed do they measure 10 1/2 inches.....if they do then the cutting and the seams are correct.............and the world is a better place........tra lal la boom de ayyy

whitepine 03-05-2012 01:13 PM

Oops, I didn't realize I'd missed a few pages and you've already discussed the infamous scant 1/4".

PokerDiva, The "view last read" option disappeared from my pages several months ago. I really miss that feature. Hope it comes back.

Judy, Is there going to be any fabric left over, or will we using it all.

Foxflower 03-05-2012 01:15 PM

Sunlitensmiles, you are too funny.

Pokerdiva and Lovely.....I'm having the same frustrations. Glad it's not just me!

Yosemitesa, fabric choices are so hard but you did good! You are making me want to bake. Not good when I've had a cold for 2 weeks and can't seem to get rid of it. Guess I better keep sewing instead!