Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: QB Block-of-the-Month, April 2013 - Double Aster

The center fits this time, but my block is 11" square. My others are 12" after trimming.
    :-)
    CAS

I meant my other 3 BOTM's are 12.5" square. So I am adding a background color frame around this.

I don't think pressing or the direction pressed could make that big of a difference. So I can't figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    The center fits this time, but my block is 11" square. My others are 12" after trimming.
    CAS

dd
    I don't understand why everyone's blocks keep coming out different sizes. All my other blocks came out 12". Not this one is 12 1/2". From 11" to 12 1/2" is a big difference.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Mine have all been 12.5". I had this one turned wrong and added the corners wrong so it ended up small. Two of us (that I've seen) did this. I am doing the initial one over. It is 13" as laid out so I'm guessing it will be 12.5" when I'm done sewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by dd View Post
    I don't understand why everyone's blocks keep coming out different sizes. All my other blocks came out 12". Not this one is 12 1/2". From 11" to 12 1/2" is a big difference.
    CAS

You girls are making me nervous. I've always had to do a scant 1/4 with patterns from Quilter Cache. They usually say it makes a 12" square. But it doesn't say a 12" finished square. When I make blocks, I like a 12 1/2" square that finishes to 12". I'm hoping to do mine tomorrow, so I guess I'll work really slow. I've wanted to make this block for a while now, so was glad to see it was this months block. Also, when I do Quilter Cache I use a certain machine. I have two machines I use, but one doesn't move the needle, so I use the other, I just have to remember to set the needle where its supposed to go. Once set...I'm all set.
    "Impossible is an opinion, not a fact" Cameron Clapp

http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...47687D2C18.png

Blog Entries
    Hello Everyone, I hope you are all getting caught up on your BOM blocks & are looking forward to May's block to be posted tomorrow. I know that I can hardly wait. Please keep us all posted on how you are doing!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Quote Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
    Hello Everyone, I hope you are all getting caught up on your BOM blocks & are looking forward to May's block to be posted tomorrow. I know that I can hardly wait. Please keep us all posted on how you are doing!!

And who will be choosing our May lock! Can't wait...maybe that will get to,the sewing machine! Lol

Hugs,
    Betty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBear View Post
    And who will be choosing our May lock! Can't wait...maybe that will get to,the sewing machine! Lol

Hugs,
    Betty
    Betty........I don't know who has picked this block for May, but we will all soon know for sure!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Blog Entries
    Anyone have the AQS 2013 calendar? I just flipped from April to May (ok, a few days late!) and the quilt for May has one of our double asters at its center!
    Cathy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2