Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: QB Block-of-the-Month, July 2013 - Blackford's Beauty - Photos

Cas I will dig around again and see if something clicks. LOL South of Eugene? I was born there, My hubby was born in Cottage Grove.

I have window 7. Don't like it too well. things are total dif than XP

An easy way to do that is to send the photo to yourself. It will ask if you want to re size. Click the option "email size" if you click webblog size you might get a thumbnail. Then open your email and right click the pic and save it where you can find it.

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    You also have to make sure you resize your picture and make it smaller. That get's me every time.
    :-)
    CAS

You know Creswell then.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma Bauder View Post
    Cas I will dig around again and see if something clicks. LOL South of Eugene? I was born there, My hubby was born in Cottage Grove.
    CAS

Can you go to a restore point and revert to XP? I love XP too. I hate this laptop with Vista on it. the worst thing ever!

I have window 7. Don't like it too well. things are total dif than XP
    CAS

I don't have probs with Vista re photos. I upload pics from my digital camera into My Pictures gallery (can use pics from cell phone, too), save them, go to Gallery, click on Open icon, click on Paint icon, click on Image icon, click on resize/skew icon, reduce size by 50% on length & width, then reduce again the same percentage, save again (it automatically updates the Gallery). When I want to load any pic into this QB "Quick Reply" I click on the icon to the right of the globe above with the red X (kinda looks like a picture), then click on From Computer icon (not URL), click on Browse icon, find my pic & click on the Number below the pic, click on Open icon, click on Upload file & the computer automatically puts my pic in the body of this reply like this...

Name:  DSCF1566.JPG
Views: 182
Size:  103.2 KB
    Hope this helps Vista users!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Can you go to a restore point and revert to XP? I love XP too. I hate this laptop with Vista on it. the worst thing ever!
    That isn't possible. She would have to manually install XP. I love Windows 7 though. At first I didn't but once I got used to it I did. I purposely bought my last computer with Win 7 because all of the others had windows 8.

bottom half put together....my blackford square is probably something else now because I changed the center color...ran out of the right color! small cat is from another swap....
    Name:  IMG_3368.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  603.9 KB

cute kitty! love your layout.

Hi its me Roma. When I click on the Insert image, sometimes there is no Insert image for computer? That is sometimes. Then other times I can click on Computer and it will show Browse I go to pics click the pic hit open and then it nothing. I have given up. I have clicked on so many things I am afraid I have really screwed other things up/

Cas... I know Creswell. Wow We are almost neighbors. I have a quilt friend. We met on a quilt site, cant remember which. We meet at least once a year for Chinese. I give her my scrapes for her donated quilts with the car club. They do it for the holidays. Maybe we could meet. Maybe half way sometime.?

I think Windows 7 is much better than Vista!

I would love to update to Windows 8 but cannot from XP (on my PC, but it's running the multi-media edition). I may be able to update laptop from Vista to Windows 8 but will lose all my files.

Quote Originally Posted by gale View Post
    That isn't possible. She would have to manually install XP. I love Windows 7 though. At first I didn't but once I got used to it I did. I purposely bought my last computer with Win 7 because all of the others had windows 8.
    CAS

I would like that!

Cas... I know Creswell. Wow We are almost neighbors. I have a quilt friend. We met on a quilt site, cant remember which. We meet at least once a year for Chinese. I give her my scrapes for her donated quilts with the car club. They do it for the holidays. Maybe we could meet. Maybe half way sometime.?
    CAS

The way I re-size -- that I think might work for any operating system -- is to email it to myself. After you've sent the picture to your PC from your camera and are viewing it, right click it and "send to email recipient". Usually you will get a prompt to re-size it, and you can choose "medium or "email" which is a good size to view here. Choose your email address, then when you open the email, right click the picture again and "save as" and put it where you can find it. Then you can follow the previous steps to upload it.

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
    You also have to make sure you resize your picture and make it smaller. That get's me every time.
    CAS

Roma, from what hosts have told me, we can only post pics in "Quick Reply" which bums me because I have had more need to send a pic in a Private Message but it only lists URL which I have no idea how to use. I wish you the best!

Click the tab to the left of "url" and click "from pc (computer)" You can do this from post quick reply or from a new post.

QUOTE=djmat;6181117]Roma, from what hosts have told me, we can only post pics in "Quick Reply" which bums me because I have had more need to send a pic in a Private Message but it only lists URL which I have no idea how to use. I wish you the best![/QUOTE]
    CAS

Roma & Cas, There is no "from computer" tab choice in Private Message, there is only URL in PM. Therefore, the only way I know how to post a pic on QB is through "Quick Reply" which is a new post to an existing thread, OR, If a member posts a new thread of their quilt work, for example: Pictures or Introduce Yourself, the "from computer" tab is a choice. These methods of posting pics is specifically what hosts have told me & exactly what I have experienced on this site. I am willing to learn how to upload pics from URL if anyone here knows how to do that using Windows Vista.

Blog Entries
    Just wanted to say all your blocks are BEAUTIFUL! Wish I had time to play along.

Keep up the great work! I'll keep watching

Nan
    https://napquilting.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/NAPQuilting/

My GOAL is to ALWAYS ENJOY EVERY STEP of the quilting process....

trying, no luck the tab for PC came up, but when I click on upload nothing happens. I will just live with it until I get some with more smarts than me. LO

Cas, maybe after all my summer jobs get finished we can talk about it,?

Blog Entries
    Here is my Blackford's Beauty block for the July's BOM of 2013!! As you can see I did change the pattern just slightly, so I could us my Iris flowers for a focal point. I am pleased with how it turned out & I hope you like it too!! Now I can get ready for August's pick.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SulaBug; 07-18-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

OMGosh, Sulabug I love love love your fabric choices....of course I'm a pink-flowery gal. I have had to back off using so much pink..lolo I go looking at fabric, and bingo! first thing I see is PINK, in any prints or solids... Your quilt will be awesome...

Jean

Well as of today, I finally got all the blocks made for this BOM.. I started when the first block Whirling Star 2 was posted, didn't last long bc I don't do paper piecing well at all!! So kinda put it away. I watched each month for the blocks, saved them all.

On July 3rd my mom came down with the Shingles, all over the right side of her face!! from cheek, over eye up forehead/into her hair! She's never been really sick, so this has really set her back! She's 94+. The medicine the Dr gave her did not set with her at all - she was hallucinating, weak, not well at all. Dr said to stop, they would heal on their own, just slower! So it's been a rough few weeks. All she wants to do is sleep, eats only when I force her! I so hope things get better soon. So, while not being able to leave her alone very long at one time, I decided to restart these blocks. (didn't mean to tell life's story)

I did do a different Whirling Star, paper pieced-but had a tutorial to follow..lol I'm kinda proud of how they turned out. Hope you like them. Now I'm ready for August...yeaaaa (see what I mean about trying another color?) lol

Jean

Name:  Rhonda's BOM-2013.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  49.8 KB

Jean, your colors are wonderful.
    Sulabug, your block is so soothing.
    Everyone's quilts are going to be great!

Ok..your blocks look awesome! Good luck with your Mom...life!
    Last edited by Difergie; 07-19-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast