Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Rhonda's Sampler Quiltalong - week 3 >

Rhonda's Sampler Quiltalong - week 3

Rhonda's Sampler Quiltalong - week 3

Old 08-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Power Poster

Here are the quilt blocks for Week 3. I hope you enjoy them! If you can't get them done each week don't worry about it. There is no deadline and you can pick and choose which ones you want to make.

I would like to see people post pictures of their blocks or quilts or wallhangings or you can use the quilt blocks for Hotpads or a table runner etc. I like to use them for the front of my tote bags. So lots of things you can do with them.

There are picture threads for each week. You can see all the threads in one place in the virtual section.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/virtual...jsp?vsnum=1005

Hope you enjoy!!

BTW I have a hard time deciding on names for blocks so I decided to just name them girls names. It is easier this way.

I do not claim that these are all my original designs as quite often they may be out there and I don't know it. But to the best of my knowledge they are my original designs. There is no copyright on them so feel free to use them any way you want to.

You can go go to my online site for directions for making my "Blocks"

http://www.bitsnpiecesworkshop.com

Erica - Kansas Dugout blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94179[/ATTACH]

Cassandra - 4 patch squares/ Kansas Dugouts/ HSTs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94181[/ATTACH]

Cassandra Layout
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94182[/ATTACH]

Faith - Star Point Blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94183[/ATTACH]

Faith Layout --- I left the lines in the blocks in the 4 center ones so you can see that I still do the block the same as if the other side was not the same as the center fabric. It is just easier to me to be able to k eep the blocks all the same size.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94188[/ATTACH]

Erica - layout ---In this first one you will see blocks that are half and half. You can sew the fabric together the same way as the other blocks and just lay the template on the seam so half of the square is on each side parallel to the seam and cut it out.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]94196[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-94174.jpe   attachment-94176.jpe   attachment-94177.jpe   attachment-94178.jpe   attachment-94183.jpe  

attachment-94191.jpe  
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 AM

Rhonda...these blocks with "star" type points...is it a 45 degree? I got 2 templates in the mail, but there's no markings on them except the square gridlines. Can you help me? Do I just need to use a sharpie or something?
Old 08-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Rhonda...these blocks with "star" type points...is it a 45 degree? I got 2 templates in the mail, but there's no markings on them except the square gridlines. Can you help me? Do I just need to use a sharpie or something?
What size quilt block are you making? I send out a square with a 30 degree mark on it for the angle cut. If you are doing the 12 1/2" I didn't have those templates yet when I sent the templates out. I have them now and can send them. If you are doing the 6 1/2" I also have that template for the 30 degree and can send it. If you have a ruler with the angle on it that will work for the Star Point Block but I want to use some Wings Blocks later on and everyone should have the 30 degree template for that as you need to cut along two sides of that 30 degree template. So let me know which size you are making and I will get out to you.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

I need to figure out the center cut for the Kansas Dugouts for the larger sizes. So I will post that here soon!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
What size quilt block are you making? I send out a square with a 30 degree mark on it for the angle cut. If you are doing the 12 1/2" I didn't have those templates yet when I sent the templates out. I have them now and can send them. If you are doing the 6 1/2" I also have that template for the 30 degree and can send it. If you have a ruler with the angle on it that will work for the Star Point Block but I want to use some Wings Blocks later on and everyone should have the 30 degree template for that as you need to cut along two sides of that 30 degree template. So let me know which size you are making and I will get out to you.
Ahhhh...I was doing the 12.5"...that's why!

If you could, can you send the one for the 6.5" as well? I will totally send you a treat in the mail if you do! :D LMK if you need my addy again...Rebecca in Fuquay-Varina, NC. :D
Old 08-09-2010, 07:56 PM
Power Poster

Ok Rebecca I went back and found your address so I will get the 30 degree templates out to you for the 6 1/2" and the 12 1/2"

You need to have 1 1/2" 2" 2 1/2" and 3 1/2". If you don't have any of those let me know. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:27 PM

Here are the quilt blocks for Week 3. I hope you enjoy them! If you can't get them done each week don't worry about it. There is no deadline and you can pick and choose which ones you want to make.

I would like to see people post pictures of their blocks or quilts or wallhangings or you can use the quilt blocks for Hotpads or a table runner etc. I like to use them for the front of my tote bags. So lots of things you can do with them.

There are picture threads for each week. You can see all the threads in one place in the virtual section.

Hope you enjoy!!

BTW I have a hard time deciding on names for blocks so I decided to just name them girls names. It is easier this way.

I do not claim that these are all my original designs as quite often they may be out there and I don't know it. But to the best of my knowledge they are my original designs. There is no copyright on them so feel free to use them any way you want to.

More stunning work by my new favorite quilter. Great job Rhonda!!! I can't wait to get started.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilterguy27

Hope you enjoy!!

More stunning work by my new favorite quilter. Great job Rhonda!!! I can't wait to get started.
Don't push too soon my friend! We want your recovery to go well! But when you are able to tackle them I will look forward to your versions!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:41 AM

Ok Rebecca I went back and found your address so I will get the 30 degree templates out to you for the 6 1/2" and the 12 1/2"

You need to have 1 1/2" 2" 2 1/2" and 3 1/2". If you don't have any of those let me know. Thanks!
I've got the 2.5 and 3.5" squares only. You're a GEM Rhonda!!!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:33 AM
Power Poster

I've got the 2.5 and 3.5" squares only. You're a GEM Rhonda!!!
I just sent the 30 degree templates. I didn't see this til now! sorry! I will get the 1 1/2" and 2" in the mail to you too.