Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 03-19-2015, 05:31 AM

Love your water. I'm still thinking on mine. I don't have a lot of blues - maybe I do. Have to do some digging. I have a couple of ideas but just don't know yet. I have small panels from one of Minnesota's Shop Hops featured fabrics from a few years back - they are water related so may incorporate into my water strip. Once the idea comes to me it doesn't take long to get it done. Great job setting this up for us - I feel more in touch with some of you Board members thru doing this. Thank you.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:58 AM

I really don't know either why more haven't joined in. I am having so much fun thinking and exploring and planning. Thanks so much for starting this thread Linda. And I love your water. It will go so well with your sky. I finished my mountains and will post soon. My next row is trees but I am going to skip to the water because that's what most of you are doing and I'm into thinking of blues. I might have gone a little turquoise like Linda but fortunately someone mentioned that those colors just don't appear in northern waters and mine is in SE Alaska on Prince of Wales Island.

I just had cataract surgery on Tuesday and everything went well, but I sure wish these lights would quit flashing. Being at the computer is the worst.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:25 AM

So, here are my mountains. About 6" high and 32" wide.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]514138[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]514140[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1200364%25%25.jpg   p1200362%25%25.jpg  
Old 03-19-2015, 11:48 AM

whitepine - love those mountains - great choice in your colors and material - did you paperpiece?
Linda - your water is so inviting - want to dive in. And thank you for starting this. It is stretching me, and making me accountable. Had to get a few other projects done, but hoping to get back to my water this weekend.
Northerners starting to meander home, and that means some of my quilter partners. Also means I have the sewing room to myself - yea!!
Walking back from the clubhouse, I was carrying my stuff including the large ruler. New neighbors came up and said are you a quilter and we sat and talked for an hour. Love this lifestyle
Old 03-19-2015, 04:37 PM

White pine - love your mountains. You mentioned your mountains are 6"- is that just the mountains or does it include the sky? My rows will be 12" when done.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:56 AM

The turquoise water is beautiful! And so are those gorgeous mountains! I really love mountains, but haven't quite figured out what I'm doing. I've thought about it, but ... nothing. I've got to make that t-shirt quilt my priority, since it's for someone who will be moving half-way across the country in May. And I've always said that work interferes with my life! Anyway, I keep popping in here, just to see what's going on. But those mountains -- I think they're calling me!
Old 03-20-2015, 12:45 PM

wow! I am impressed with your mountains...although I wasnt going to put in mountains, I may change my mind. I went to the tutorial with Rob and then tried his curve quilting and it is so easy...everyone should give it a try. No clipping at curves, just iron...thanks everyone for encouraging me to get involved. I am slow and still have a row to put on my Stash Quilt, but seem to be stuck there, as nothing suits me. Thanks Linda forstarting this row robin
and your consistent encouragement.
Old 03-20-2015, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by nana pat View Post
wow! I am impressed with your mountains...although I wasnt going to put in mountains, I may change my mind. I went to the tutorial with Rob and then tried his curve quilting and it is so easy...everyone should give it a try. No clipping at curves, just iron...thanks everyone for encouraging me to get involved. I am slow and still have a row to put on my Stash Quilt, but seem to be stuck there, as nothing suits me. Thanks Linda forstarting this row robin
and your consistent encouragement.
And everyone oohs and aahs at your curves!! Come and play with us!
Old 03-20-2015, 02:16 PM

Linda-PEER PRESSURE!!! I am working on joining in. Just gotta finish some loose ends up. Love the water colors!!
I'm the type of person that has to have and end user in mind before starting a quilty project. That is where my inspiration comes from mostly. HeeHEE!!

WhitePine-I wish I could understand paper piecing. This is beautiful!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:50 PM

Lurker here. I'm a total chicken, say art quilt and I turn into a mass of jello. Love what everyone is doing. Its not just your piecing but the fabric choices are amazing. I keep thinking that I know how to paper piece just need some inspiration. If not now when. I walk my dog along the river on a path that meanders through the woods. At one point you can see down the path towards some hills. Keep thinking that would be perfect. Need to take my camera out.