Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd! >

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Row Robin Quilt Along! Starts March 2nd!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:31 AM

Default RR

Here is my WIP. (I figured how to upload from my phone!)
I started on the bottom. The bottom half is done after I fix one yellow
point. Top needs more work. This will hang on the door to my sewing space.
Attached Thumbnails spring-comes-nyc-rr.jpg  
Old 04-23-2015, 11:33 AM

The yellow represents forsythia, viewed while driving through Central Park in a taxi. The red brick will go.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:30 PM

dotcomdtcm - just got home from five days in New York City and I can really relate to your rows. I was amazed with the tall buildings. We stayed in amongst the tall skyscrapers - so saw lots of people, taxis, etc. I was so impressed on how the people drive without hitting each other. Another thing that I notice is when walking around the city, noone ever looks at you just keeps looking ahead and walking. Of course I suppose nobody knows each other so that may be it. I enjoyed my five days sightseeing but am glad to be back home in the wide open spaces of Minnesota farmland. The trees were flowering and in central park were just beautiful. Am looking forward to seeing your quilt progress.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:43 PM

You know that visiting is different from living here! I hope you got to City Quilter, a great LQS.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Dotty - loving your piece. Was in NYC showing our 10 yo Grandson a few things. His first time. He was so amazed to go through a tunnel under the water, ride a metro bus, taxi, Museum and of course FAO. Will get in again, and plan to visit the City Quilter. Do you know if any of the museums will be showing quilts this summer?
I liked the red brick with the flowers coming over it - just my thought! thanks for sharing
Old 04-23-2015, 03:38 PM

The Metropolitan Museum will do a big Gee's Bend show next year. There are quilts at the Brooklyn Museum too.
But when you come, let me know. I am part of a vibrant, talented Bee and we love guests!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:02 PM

dotcom yours amazes me! and it will look fantastic hanging in the doorway. I have to put mine on hold for a while now...Housework & gardening need doing before I go travelling!. I have had a real learning curve on this one, Quilting row by row and different methods etc. I plan to do the border as a picture frame and have gum leaves trailing over it and in the picture, a couple of corellas flying over....but all that will have to wait.[ATTACH=CONFIG]517972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_6150.jpg  
Old 04-25-2015, 04:07 AM

m-fay
love yours
I am going to quilt/applique at the same time on a piece of Polarfleece for a little dimension.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:51 AM

OH I love your progress on the quilt! its such a pretty one. is this going to be a wall hanging or a quilt? I wonder will you do the traditional row robin rows around it? any ideas on what you might put in your blocks? I got my row done yesterday. its only 8 inches but the sand is going to take more space so its ok. also doing curved pieces on it. I just checked out your row in the Aussie quilt and you did curves but on each 12" block correct? it is pretty darned cool and think it might be where I go on mine also. I was contemplating doing the entire strip at once but think that might be awfully difficult with a curved seam. any ideas anyone? posting pictures tomorrow. so nice to get a real update up for you all to critique. I am open minded to critique so don't feel you need to hold back with me. I can take it
Old 04-25-2015, 06:09 AM

Elizabrat, with my curved ones I used 4 layers fabric and cut the curves then mixed them up and only used 3 of them.