In Search of Pickers

Old 12-27-2007, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Country Quilter
patrice.... I would be happy to pick another block....put me on for a sub....let anyone else who hasn't gotten a chance at it go first and if somebody backs out I will do it!
i've added you to the list. that way there's no doubt you'll get another chance. first come, first served. :wink:

i'm pretty disorganized, but will try my best to keep track of the people who've also volunteered to fill in on short notice. i think a list of subs is a great idea. there's no reason a person can't be on both lists. :P
Old 12-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Still need a name on the list for BOMs? I PMd Boo a while back to be added and never got an answer.

And we do need a better search engine on this site. Would be nice to look up quilters' by screen names.

So count me in if you have an open space, or sign me up as backup if it is full!

Thanks, Patrice
Old 12-27-2007, 12:55 PM

You can also sign me up for a spot if they are not all full or I could be a sub. Just let me know when.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 01:07 PM

Hey, Patrice!
I haven't actually made any of the BOM/BOTMs since the first one, but I took my turn at picking. I'd like to stay on as a picker. Maybe I will get to actually make them some day. :roll:
Old 12-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Administrator

the list will never be full. it just goes on and on and on ... which is pretty awesome if you ask me. :P

all i ask is that you guys keep checking the list to keep track of your turn. i've decided to be a bit high-handed and obnoxious about it. since we can't search the member list for specific user names (Hey!!! Admin!!! HINT! HINT! HINT! :wink: ) AND i don't plan to hold my breath waiting for that to happen (poor Admin. I've been pesterin' the heck out of him lately. He's probably sorry he every heard of me. :lol: ) it's going to be difficult for me to remind everybody whose turn is coming up.

soooooooooo if a person hasn't posted their turn by the end of their day, i'll give their turn to somebody else. either the next person on the list if they are prepared or to one of the volunteer subs. i've had 3 turns already so i won't hog the untook turns for myself. cross my heart. :mrgreen:

imaquilter has already verified she's ready to go on the 1st.

Connie, if you're still with us here at the board, please let me know soon whether or not you still want to take your turn on 15 Jan.

so keep those cards and letters comin', folks. you ask ... i'll add ya. it's a pure pleasure. :P
Old 12-27-2007, 09:07 PM

Patrice - thanks for adding me.

I think it would be really helpful if someone (hint, hint) would add the name of the block next to the date on the already completed blocks on the list. I was looking at blocks today & several times wondered if that block had already been used. As the completed list gets longer & longer it will be difficult to go back & click on each one to see what they were.

Whatcha think?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:15 AM

I printed the list out and wrote the names of the blocks down next to the names so I would remember....I haven't updated it in awhile tho :?
Old 12-28-2007, 01:52 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by annmarie
I think it would be really helpful if someone (hint, hint) would add the name of the block next to the date on the already completed blocks on the list.
Whatcha think?
will you people STOP having good ideas, please?

ooookaaaaaay [moan, groan, whine] ...

done.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:02 AM

WOW! I got 1 Jan 2009! :D Will someone remember to remind me a year from now that I need to get it together?! LOL!
I guess I have plenty of time to come up with something nice. :)
Old 12-28-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

ummmm ... hmmmm ... ahem ...

you want us to wait a whole year before telling you to get it together?

:mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :lol: