Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sept 1st BOM Blackfords Beauty - The Photos >

Sept 1st BOM Blackfords Beauty - The Photos

Sept 1st BOM Blackfords Beauty - The Photos

Old 09-02-2007, 05:07 AM

Wow! These blocks are wonderful! Great jobs!!! Colors are so fun... can't wait to do this one...hopefully this week.
Old 09-02-2007, 05:08 AM

Lovely, lovely, lovely - all of them. I'm impressed by all the different color combos. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 09-02-2007, 07:01 AM

Well, I was unsure because I don’t know too much technique an am unsure if I’ll be able to do them all. It will be nice when I get to paper piecing and gain a little more confidence. I'm going back and reading all the BOM posts and see if I can figure out just what you all have in mind per participation.

So what kind of quilting pattern does someone do when they make a quilt of these blocks? And does anyone ever take off and make a full on quilt out of a particular block in this BOM group, or just save them up and make a display quilt? Also I noticed the Batik material stretched differently than the others, which gave me fits at first. I imagine doing blocks of materials with similar properties would be easier; does anyone have advice on that?

Yeah, the colors on mine were not 100% accurate either Sharon, the piece is much more lively in person.
:D
Old 09-02-2007, 07:12 AM

Steve, try taking your picture on a white or black background, your co lors will show better, the checks distract :D
Old 09-02-2007, 08:38 AM
Administrator

steve ... the best way to get the answers to your questions is to read through ALL the discussion and pictures of each block so far. it'll take a while, but i promise it's worth the time.

as for participation, what we have in mind is that everybody gets to decide that for themselves. you'll see what i mean as you read and gaze in wonder at some of the blocks the others came up with. :P
Old 09-02-2007, 08:49 AM

I've made a tablerunner out of a particular block I liked from one of my BOM's...(not this one) but I have yet to make a whole quilt out of any of them. My plan is to start mixing and matching them up (out of all the BOM's I'm involved in) for whole quilts .. probably with sashings and cornerstones of one particular color to set off the blocks.....but I'm not even close to doing that yet! LOL

Until then, they are all stacked together in a work boot box!! LOL
Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 AM
lin

Oh gee thanks CQ! Now we have "WIBB" (WORK IN a BOOT BOX) to add to WIP, UFO, PIG, etc. Sheesh!! :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM

Steve: Talking of color placement are you going to work the checked backgound in somehow? Maybe a block with coordinated baskets or something? Cut just right your basket will have its weave. I like the block It is pretty ...and even spring like. Great job!

I love the double rendition s as well...All of these are truly shaping up to be Beauty's! :D
Old 09-02-2007, 10:07 AM

I tried a white background and didn't like it so tried red instead. It's a little better I think.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-61679.jpe  
Old 09-02-2007, 10:13 AM

Steve love your colors for this block, i like the red background also. Makes your block pop out , wow, very nice.
I like this block can't wait to make it myself. Everyone's blocks look great.