Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Blog Entries
    OH I just found this thread. I love to paper piece. I am going to try to do this. I did the 50 fab paper pieced stars group. I actually completed my quilt. Such interesting blocks. I did the 50 stars scrappy with all of the backgrounds matching. It too a lot more fabric than I thought. I love how it came out. I think I will do this scrappy and maybe have matching background. I love batiks not sure if I will use batiks or not.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I am thinking I may join all of you... I love to paper piece will just see how things go around home before I make a formal committment will have to check the stash
    ​Christine

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    I have 7 different packages of fabric from http://www.RainbowFabrics.com each package of Rainbow colors are equal to 3 yards. Its very hard to decide which one to use. I have been saving them for this moment. But the decision is hard. Anyone have advise on the best one??
    Oh those are beautiful QNS - love them all. You have to decide which color group you want for this quilt. What fun!!!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I agree with JeanieG, you will pick which colour group you like the best QNS.

Welcome to everyone, now DD has to pick a name and register on the Board, any ideas girls..(she didn't like my ideas)
    Karen

Welcome to everyone Looks like we will have a great group to do this BOM!

QNS, I love the Floral combined with the Rainbow Forest. But the Tropical Rainbow is gorgeous also, in fact they all are. Not much of a help here

Mirabelle, what names did you suggest? She's doing the SYE too? Now she has to raid your stash
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I have printed the blocks as well as the links for learning. I appreciate the support and encouragement very much. Now to figure out my fabrics... I will have to buy. Looking forward to seeing more choices the rest of the group pick.

These patterns just DO NOT want to download for me????????? Vickie
    Born to Quilt, Forced to work.

Vickie, I just tried and they don't. But you still can: when you right click on the patternname you get a drop down menu, choose 'open link in new tab' and you'll get the pattern.

Blog Entries
    dublb,

It is great to see you have joined in on this fun as well. We can work on these together. Since paper piecing is on my list to work on this year, I am all over this -- love the blocks posted so far as well. Guess I gotta go shopping in-house and road tripping. DARN IT ...
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Anael View Post
    Vickie, I just tried and they don't. But you still can: when you right click on the patternname you get a drop down menu, choose 'open link in new tab' and you'll get the pattern.
    Thank you, I now have all saved to the computer and on my to-do list. Love to paperpiece! Vickie

Still missing something: what does "Spike Your English" mean? I was able to download the patterns. They really are great blocks!

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    I agree with JeanieG, you will pick which colour group you like the best QNS.

Welcome to everyone, now DD has to pick a name and register on the Board, any ideas girls..(she didn't like my ideas)
    MiraB ...How about .......
    MBsDD?
    MomsB+B?
    MomStealsMyStash
    *giggle*

Quote Originally Posted by ppquilter View Post
    Thank you, I now have all saved to the computer and on my to-do list. Love to paperpiece! Vickie
    PPQuilter ... Hope that this means you are joining us in the venture?

Quote Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
    Still missing something: what does "Spike Your English" mean? I was able to download the patterns. They really are great blocks!
    CindyA ... It seems to be the name that QOTS has given the pattern. As to where that came from, I guess only they know the answer!
    Last edited by QuiltE; 08-06-2013 at 09:07 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Count me in! So happy to find this BOM. September can't come fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    MiraB ...How about .......
    MBsDD?
    MomsB+B?
    MomStealsMyStash
    *giggle*
    I thought of something like stealing stash too

Think I'll try doing these new at PP.

Welcome to all the new people joining us in the BOM! We will indeed have a great time!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I love paper piecing and love these blocks so will join the group too.

Wow, I went back and made a list of everyone that has signed up - there were 28 that I counted! What a great crowd we will have. Fun, fun, fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeanieg View Post
    wow, i went back and made a list of everyone that has signed up - there were 28 that i counted! What a great crowd we will have. Fun, fun, fun!!!
    gmta!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    I "shopped" for my fabric in my DD's stash I plan on adding a dark purple for a little more contrast and may do some fussy cutting of the larger print. So much fun ahead of us
    Love your fabric choices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG View Post
    Wow, I went back and made a list of everyone that has signed up - there were 28 that I counted! What a great crowd we will have. Fun, fun, fun!!!
    Hi Jeanie ......I've never tried paper pieceing but everyone sounds excited so I guess I will give it a try and increase the count to "29", Sandrea

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrea View Post
    Hi Jeanie ......I've never tried paper pieceing but everyone sounds excited so I guess I will give it a try and increase the count to "29", Sandrea
    Hip Hip Hooray!!!!
    We were all newbies at some time ... this will give you a laugh ... two years ago, I thought PPing was the most stupidest, idiotic and horrible thing. ............. Then I fell in love with it!

Do I hear #30??

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    dublb,

It is great to see you have joined in on this fun as well. We can work on these together. Since paper piecing is on my list to work on this year, I am all over this -- love the blocks posted so far as well. Guess I gotta go shopping in-house and road tripping. DARN IT ...

(Waving!) Hey Aurora!!!! I'm so glad ta see ya! I just had ta follow my Pony Club as they go on another journey, but ya know I don't have time ta sew anything! I'll just follow this trip!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Thank you QuiltE, you always put a smile on my face, love the suggestions. I won't tell you what I suggested as they were all her nicknames from when she was little
    Karen

I like to do small/wall/mini quilts so I have played with the size of these and reduced them so the outside of the hex is 6-inches. Now I can get 2 of each block on one page of foundation! Happy pp-ing! Vickie

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast