Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: "Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

DONT FORGET ME!!! if I can take a break from life I will go shopping for my background! now that the wedding is over I have to get kids to school next week and THEN I can THINK about sewing again
    Candace is Deranged
    so many babies.. sew little quilts

NinaSue which rainbow fabric do you have??? they ALL look FABulous to me

Mirabelle we are sooo excited to quilt with your DD, get her on here sooooon!
    Candace is Deranged

Welcome Sandrea - glad you will be joining us!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

We can't have a party without you DDamsel, the old gang has to stick together and we add new members to the gang as we go along, cause this is the greatest group
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
    We can't have a party without you DDamsel, the old gang has to stick together and we add new members to the gang as we go along, cause this is the greatest group
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!
    So, did you give DD my suggestions?

More Welcomes to one and All!!! .... While some of us have been virtually quilting together for awhile, we love to have lots of new people join us, so please do not be shy!! Just jump right in with all the FUN. You'll soon get to know everyone and learn some interesting stories about everyone!

As for Me ... always looking for more Canucks to join us here!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!

Yippy! a bigger gang!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

DD, I have Rainbow Frost, Rainbow Jewels, Touch the Rainbow, Rainbow Forest, Rainbow Taffy, Rainbow Magic, Rainbow Bright, and Rainbow Confetti. And the pattern is call The Confetti Quilt to make up a couple of the packets into, at least originally. Packets are several years old, not new.

I might try to work in about three or four packets, a more intense color with a lighter shade since there are 12 blocks. The dark pieces can work in where they need to be and I can 'play' with the lights the same way. Background will be a Kona Creme or Butter...letting the blocks shine on their own rights.

Blog Entries
    I love paper piecing, sounds like fun. Thanks for posting.

DD, I wondered what took you so long to get here

QuiltE, tell me, what does 'gmta'' mean??

Mirabelle, did your DD pick a name yet? We would love to welcome her here
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
    As for Me ... always looking for more Canucks to join us here!!
    Does it count if your hubby is a Canuck--from Winnipeg?
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Quote Originally Posted by GramMER View Post
    Does it count if your hubby is a Canuck--from Winnipeg?
    Of course it does, GramMER!!! ... so are you going to join us in this Quilt-Along?

Anael ... GMTA = Great Minds Think Alike!

Thanks QuiltE
    Back to the bugs

My computer has not been playing nice today it kept kicking me out, is anyone trying to tell me something

QuiltE, spoke to DD today and I "think" she is going to go with Mirab'sDD, that one is winning so far. I will see her on Saturday, we are going shopping (not for fabric either). I asked her to take a photo of her fabric cupboard as she is more anal than me. All her lengths are pressed and folded onto trouser hangers so she can hang 5 lengths, (this can be anything from 2 to 5 yards) on the same hanger and she has a lot of hangers
    Karen

Welcome to all have decided to join us (or even just follow along)! You will find that we get a little chatty here and there, but it is lots of fun!

My computer has not been playing nice today it kept kicking me out, is anyone trying to tell me something

QuiltE, spoke to DD today and I "think" she is going to go with Mirab'sDD, that one is winning so far. I will see her on Saturday, we are going shopping (not for fabric either). I asked her to take a photo of her fabric cupboard as she is more anal than me. All her lengths are pressed and folded onto trouser hangers so she can hang 5 lengths, (this can be anything from 2 to 5 yards) on the same hanger and she has a lot of hangers
    Good name! Her anality is all good for you ... you can know that it's all prepped and ready, when you steal it away! Though she's probably only doing what she learned from HerDearOl'Ma!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
    DD, I have Rainbow Frost, Rainbow Jewels, Touch the Rainbow, Rainbow Forest, Rainbow Taffy, Rainbow Magic, Rainbow Bright, and Rainbow Confetti. And the pattern is call The Confetti Quilt to make up a couple of the packets into, at least originally. Packets are several years old, not new.

I might try to work in about three or four packets, a more intense color with a lighter shade since there are 12 blocks. The dark pieces can work in where they need to be and I can 'play' with the lights the same way. Background will be a Kona Creme or Butter...letting the blocks shine on their own rights.
    ooooh your quilt will be LOVELY! Im excited to see what you do
    Candace is Deranged

Oh I haven't been on the board for a while and so glad I checked this today! I am IN! I need another project like I need a hit on the head lol, but these Are beautiful blocks and I love PP..can't pass it up haha. Thanks Honchey for starting and leading this.

I see some beautiful fabrics being selected..I think I am going to go scrappy with a contsant background.Hey, maybe a black background with my bright scraps..we shall see. Although I don't think I'll get started until late September as there is sew much going on the next two months.

Lookimg forward to this!
    Candi
    "Kindness is the oil that smooths the frictions in life"
    My etsy Store:
    www.itssewyoudear.etsy.com

Candi, it should be fun to have you along (If yall havent seen her AOTH you should go take a peek!)
    Candace is Deranged

OK this is the FQ fabric I want to use, I just cant decide which color to use for background, border etc... Im thinking the yellow! or maybe gray? what do yall suggest? possibly green.... hmmm decisions decisions....

http://www.fatquartershop.com/Happy-...da-Fabrics.asp
    Candace is Deranged

DD, the name of the fabric says it all Go for it. I'm going to wait with the corner triangles and borders till all blocks are finished.

QuiltE I spoke to DD last night and she has changed her mind aarrggghhh she like "mumstealsmystash" will have to have a serious chat to my girl
    Karen

Oh Mirabelle- that daughter sound like so much fun!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

"mumstealsmystash" comes down to msms or maybe "mumsteasmystashddstealsitback" equals msmsddsib. Mirabelle. Or least its worth a good laugh for both of you.

So this started in April? At least that is what is on the website. 5 blocks from April - Aug 2013. Will it begin over in September or will this group be using the blocks from the earlier months? Yeah, I'm confused, but it doesn't take much these days....

AND I couldn't find the fabric amounts. If it's already been posted here, sorry -- I skimmed the last 4 pages but didn't read in depth.
    Last edited by Belfrybat; 08-07-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Belfrybat, the Quilt on the Square started it earlier, but we are not starting until September 3rd, making two a month, so we will finish with QOTS, I think....that is the way of it. Others may agree or disagree, as I have been confused before but the PC riders know how to straight me out, so I don't worry about small details anymore. They are great to 'ride' the quilt trails with, just trust, ask, and someone will help the rest of us.

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast