Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 08-30-2013, 03:53 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433061[/ATTACH]

String Quilt from my scraps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433062[/ATTACH]
Red, white, and blue from a group project where we all made blocks every month and every month one of us one the blocks and committed to finish the top and have it displayed in the LQS.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433064[/ATTACH]
Blocks made by hand at a quilt guild meeting and we all put our names in a drawing for the blocks we chose to make. This is one of my husband's favorite quilts so it is his, but we all share all the quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433065[/ATTACH]

When my son was in elementary school he asked for a blue quilt with orange circles on it. Of course, he was out of elementary school by the time I finished it.

All the above quilts are on my bed, layered, because I don't have a place to store them. Yes, they are getting too heavy!! For years I did not own a quilt because I gifted everything I made. When my husband kept asking "When are we getting a quilt?" I spent a year finishing up a bunch of UFOs and kept them all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433066[/ATTACH]
This one is not on my bed, but I thought I'd show it anyway. It's waiting for me to finish the label. It is Country Bride and it was a UFO for a very long time.
Attached Thumbnails img_0163.jpg   img_0162.jpg   img_0161.jpg   img_0160.jpg   country-bride.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-01-2017 at 05:23 AM. Reason: off topic
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 AM

Juanita - very pretty, and matching curtains too!

Anael ... gorgous quilts!! All of them!

Mira ... love them all, but the bow tie got me excited. I have a bunch of vintage bow tie blocks and matching fabric to finish more, and I thought they were kind of ugly. After seeing yours I'm kinda thinking I need to finish that sucker the same way!!
Old 08-30-2013, 03:58 AM

Cindy ... great quilts, can we see more of the "Bride" quilt plleeeeeese??? Hugs to Hank & Lola!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:01 AM

today is hubby's birthday. He actually got the shakes yesterday thinking "tomorrow I'm 60 years old". Then he actually did the math .... this is 2013 and he was born in 54 ... dummy. For his birthday I bought him "throttle time" on a vintage diesel train at one of the train museums. He gets to drive a choo choo!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:04 AM

Great quilts posted in the last few days and lots more last night.

Cute dogs too Cindy.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:08 AM

DHM, congrats on your hubby's birthday! LOL he's like my SIL who was 49 three times

Cindy, lovely quilts. I too would love to see more of the Bride quilt. The quilting on that one is fabulous! Your dogs don't look too happy in the tub
Old 08-30-2013, 04:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I think they paired me with her on purpose. The kid with the lisp got Miss Smith. No joke. I shudder when I think of him wishing her a Merry Christmas (actually .... I giggle)
Oh.My.Goodness!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
shadoh there are 12 of us doing this BOM that have previously made the Farmers Wife Sampler Quilt and the Farmers Wife Pony Club quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird, these two quilts have taken us almost 3 years to make and in that time firm friendships have been formed, SO in answer to your query, we just like to chat and encourage others to join us, nobody is excluded. I hope you have fun with us on this journey and get to know some of us as we chat each day..
Shadoh ... Along with MiraB's explanation, there are many others that have connected on other threads and are chatting up a storm here on this thread too!!! So jump in and join us in the chatter and the sewing!! A VERY special Canuck Welcome to you, Shadoh .. I believe that makes four Canucks on this thread (DungeonQuilter, myself and you .... and GramMer with a Canuck DH!!). If there are any others, please let us know!

MiraB ... Amazing Eagle!!! I don't think we've seen it before. And the others, still grab my attention, every time I see them. Yeaaaa for dinner with your Little Friend!

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Cindy ... great quilts, can we see more of the "Bride" quilt plleeeeeese??? Hugs to Hank & Lola!!
CindyA ... that'd be a Me Tooooo!! I've seen an unfinished Country Bride quilt and was quite taken by it, so am really intrigued by yours. Looks like some really nice quilting too. Cute Pooches!

DHMom ... oh what FUN for your L'il One's Birthday party. Are you taking him to McD's for his supper and for some time in the play area? Maybe you should also get him a calculator? And of course, The Little Engine that Could book!!!! chooo choooo choooo!!!!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 08-30-2013 at 04:34 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:56 AM
Power Poster

........ with all the great quilts that have been posted here,
Just Think .... how incredible the Spikes are going to be!

Just Sayin' !!!!
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 AM

Wow!!! One day and so many beautiful quilts. Thanks everyone for posting. I have some pictures on my computer so I will try to get some posted in the next few days.

Shadoh....as has been stated before, some of us have journied together for some time. I wasn't among the FWS group that is the beginning of these friendships but they welcomed me with open arms and have been so encouraging and helpful. Some of us talk more than others but it's such a great way to sneak a peek into what is going on around the world with our morning coffee. Just in the past few months we've had premature grand baby twins to pray out of the hospital, a DH and DS going through surgery, a water heater leak that wrecked havoc in the kitchen which is just now being out back together, physical therapy on shoulders so there was no quilting done, moving into a new house, completing the sale of a DM's house after she passed, news that one of us has to have cataract surgery on her only good eye in September, one of us has a torn rotar cuff but can't have it repaired for a couple of years because of hospital space, another kept out of her home because of floods this past spring, and the list goes on..so our friendships have been forged as we've walked with each other through the trials that come in life. In many ways, we are like the old fashioned quilting bees that would meet monthly and sit and sew....we just do it daily! There is always room at the table for another friend. Welcome.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 AM

Shadoh, I am sorry if our chatter distracts you; thought the beauty of the quilts shine as a beacon encouraging all of us onward to do our best. We have been talking about quilting...not the off the wall we do on PC unrelated to quilting. Warning: we do pass on recipes to each other there as well. and it might carry over here. Honchey has said something about a wooden spoon across our knuckles if we do that here...

I do love every quilt; thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work. I appreciate it and I think the majority has enjoyed every one as well. All prize winners in my eye. Of course you remember, I am blind in one eye with optic nerve blowout in 1999, and cataract on the right eye now, so I am half blind there...like the old saying...blind in one eye and cannot see out of the other! But celebrating every day, my quilting friends, today is here for just today and will gone tomorrow. No one is perfect, but celebrate just being you.