Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 AM

Quossom, I have a roll of Warm and Natural I bought a while ago and it too sits in a corner. They do take up a lot of room! It's finally become a manageable weight! I hated to buy the poly thin batt for the king star quilt but needed something lighter weight.

Meanmom, I donate a lot of quilts to charity made from a stash given by a friend who no longer quilts, because I really don't need any more either. But I love to make them!

SheriR glad you have decided to un-lurk! And I love the idea of your stash being used for the family quilts, it is a great idea. But if you rented a UHaul to bring it back, I doubt you will run out of fabric! As to size, depends on what you want -- lap quilts are nice, the suggested size I've read on those is about 60 x 72, but doesn't need to be that big. Would take forever to make that many big quilts!
Old 01-10-2013, 07:03 AM

I save my batting scraps also. It all gets used eventually. I am making a QYAG quilt and am using a lot of the saved batting strips for it. If the pieces are really small they go in the bits and pieces bag to use as stuffing. I also use the smaller pieces like cotton pads for cleaning my vintage sewing machine. Nothing wasted!
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 AM

Everyone's quilts are looking so gorgeous! I am ready to start cutting my A and B. Mine is scrappy but with Depression fabric I bought for a swap and never worked with before, and it is really starting to grow on me. I chose a purple and a yellow for the A and B but pictures taken with my phone are too large to upload. I will need to snap them with my camera and then upload later. I have a MAC and have a hard time finding where I can resize the pictures.

Garnet1265
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 AM

i sure hope this train gets to the station soon. i can hardly wait. the site seeing has been spectacular, but oh, my, can't we go just a little faster? how about another clue judy? wouldn't you like to see some results before you go on vacation? xoxoxoxoxo
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 AM

Default Slow but Steady

As the flu is just hitting our house I am making progress but it's slow. I planned on making a King quilt too, I have made 36 blocks, and have my clue 2 pieces cut.... posting a few of my blocks in pick one, pick 2 I have placed my Clue 2 fabrics to get an idea of my colors. I am thinking of throwing in a few yellow/gold stars and orange to add a little spice! Will hopefully start sewing tonight....
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Your quilt is going to be spectacular Gretchen. Love all of those bold and bright colors.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:18 AM

Wow, Gretchen spectacular!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM

i see i didn't talk you into it., judy.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Garnet1265 View Post
Everyone's quilts are looking so gorgeous! I am ready to start cutting my A and B. Mine is scrappy but with Depression fabric I bought for a swap and never worked with before, and it is really starting to grow on me. I chose a purple and a yellow for the A and B but pictures taken with my phone are too large to upload. I will need to snap them with my camera and then upload later. I have a MAC and have a hard time finding where I can resize the pictures.

Garnet1265
I have used TinyPic to resize my pics on my mac so I can post them here. Now I just take my pics with my i-Pad.
Old 01-10-2013, 02:46 PM

oh no sewnso, you have to be patient. Only a day and a half .......