Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 PM

Gretchen, I love those bright colors, it is going to be a great quilt
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM

ohno no early clues relishing in the fact I am done and can take a break. catch up on doll quilts, placemats, tablerunners oh and mug rugs.. tomorrow is dedicated tothose. its a balmy 28 right now. making a pot of smoked turkey leg soup.. never made it hopeits ok. broth carrots celery onion potato any other ideas? big pot surely there is room . oh guess Icould had matza balls with parmesean and garlic.. usually save that for the kids. hum who would like a bowl? should make some honey orange corn breadto go with it? sweet honey butter to go with it? sounds good. hubby wont eat any and that is a lot for just one person.. takers? oh tomorrow 20/10 degrees. yippee.I have to go NO WHERE so I dont care!!! happy dance.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM

Really like mine so far. Still thinking about making it bigger. Have to figure out how many more stars I can do with the scraps I have left of the print I'm using.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:45 PM

I was somewhat disappointed in my nine patch blocks because they were not the type of fabric I usually work with these days. However, much to my surprise and delight, the super scrappy with muslin sashing is perfect for variety and color. The sample of sashing and two blocks looks real attractive. Thanks for helping me step outside the box!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM

Garnett, I have a MAC and have no idea how to make pictures smaller to get them to post. I am not very good with computers. I make them smaller when I take them on my camera. My nephew says you can do it on most digital.cameras. I adjust the size before I take the pictures.
I finally cut all of my A and B last night, now to get off of here and get upstairs to sew. And watch Greys Anatomy and Scandals. I have a shelf right behind my sewing machine with a tv on it. It is old and I would love a new flat screen but that would mean less money for fabric. (that I don't need anyway)
Old 01-10-2013, 06:34 PM

meanmom - is your avatar a quilt made with the sew-along with PokerDiva? We did the Carol Doaks 50 Fabulous Paper Pieced Stars book, one a week in 2012.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
oh no sewnso, you have to be patient. Only a day and a half .......
i'm trying, reallly i am. i just did another jane block. 2 more and i will have all the center blocks of my 2nd jane done. and about 3/4 of the tri's left to do.
i have about a half dozen projects going at once, just like everyone else here on the board. depending on the mood, is what you work on. fresh, or tired. i quit jane, because i was tired tonite.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:34 PM

Okay here it is Clue # 2 completed just in time for Saturday ...Wanted to make bigger but the color B did not quite have enough of but that is okay using up stash. Not a scrappy girl this is my 1st truly scrappy quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]387342[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails judys-scrappy-stash-mystery-mini-002.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 07:41 PM

I need some help please, I know that I am behind a little. I just can’t convince myself that the yellow and red will tie together the blocks. I did the brown bag method and sewed strips of three then pressed them and back in the bag and pulled them to make blocks. I am was thinking of red stars and yellow blocks. I may dig thru the stash a little more, I think I might have some cream and black but I not sure if I want that much of a contrast. Please advise me.

Attached Thumbnails imag0365.jpg   imag0363.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:01 PM

Well, you have both red and yellow in your squares. I think the red and yellow would look nice. It would be great for spring time on the bed. If you didn't want to put it on all the way, you could always use as a runner along the bottom of the bed.