Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM

I have been having such a hard time deciding on the A and B and so I thought I would just sit back and spy on everyone else's. Give me some ideas. So I have decided on the different colored stars so now I have to get the other color in my brain.

I sleep until 9 because I go to bed at 2 o3 in the morning. By the time I get up, go on the computer, take a shower, get dressed it is noon time. Then clean up the house a little and then I sew. Maybe I should cut out the shower, dressing and cleaning house and just have a jammie day.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:06 AM

urgod's--- didn't decide on my A & B until after i had my 9 patch's done. i'm sure lots of us decided then. my mistake. my quilt is 4 x 5. and i decided to leave it at that size. LOL.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:13 AM

Cathy -- I am quilting on every seam, so it is at 4" apart. My serpentine is a #4 stitch on my Bernina 430, shown in the picture. All the rows one way are done, need to go back the other way.

I really like it, it holds down the seams and you don't have to be so precise with stitching exactly in the ditch, which is great especially when moving such a huge quilt around. I use this stitch with all my charity quilting.

And to those who have asked about my size for a king bed, I just threw it on the bed and wish I had made it a bit wider. Another row of 5 of the the 16-1/2" blocks would have been perfect. Need to figure out if I want to take the one side apart and add another row. (The OCD will probably kick in and will add it.) Idid it 6 wide by 5 long, and the length is perfect hanging over the end of the bed, but seems a bit skimpy on the sides. Should have made it 7 x 5 blocks.
Attached Thumbnails 003.jpg  
Old 01-07-2013, 10:42 AM

Judy, I really like that serpentine stitch! Too bad my featherweight doesn't do it.

By the way, don't think I've thanked you for all you do with these mystery train rides. I've done these last two and had a blast. Can't wait for the next one!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:45 AM

you're more than welcome, mom-6 - I probably have had more fun than is legal with these mysteries!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 AM

If I could only do just one, life would be so much easier...it was after 2pm here, personally I need to switch to decaff after the fourth pot of coffee.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I did all the cutting yesterday and started sewing but the nap queen came and hit me on the head and well its as far as I got. I went with a patterned flower for the stars and it truly makes it scrappy looking. I LOVE moon's black with whitestars now that accents the scrappys big time like really warm colors stand out. If I didnt have cats that would be a marvelous way to go. Cats=no black fabric. unless I want to roll it all day long to catch it all. sigh I do like black fabric too.

to the person who said decaffe coffee are you funny. THATS NOT COFFEE. I have one cup a day but its Ponyexpress coffee which is high caffeine. double the regular caffeine. NOW that is coffee. Before you go saying ah ha that is why she is so hyper you see dialysis kicks my tail. I would be so tired its not funny napping 20 hours of every day without it. I wish I could have four cups but that is twice my daily allowance of fluid so I have one. And its a good one. I will gladly share your belgan chocolates however. I think those sound so good right now with this hot cup of joe. oh yeah two of those and I could go sew. I am intending to.. but want 10 more minutes just to wake up. and wish I had more coffee!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:55 AM

Judy, The quilt has not had the horizontal stitching done yet just the vertical, correct?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM

Well, I had no place to hang it up for pics today. My design wall is already full. I wasn't sure about the sashing colors I chose but I'm liking it the more I look at it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]386466[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mystery-quilt-2-2013.gif  
Old 01-07-2013, 11:00 AM

I've decided on a black muslin for the stars, and a light brown muslin for the strips. I hope to get started cutting tonight. We've got my daughter, two week old grand daughter and 4 year old grand son here with us this week. I'm helping her with the kids as she is still getting over the C-section.

I can't wait to start cutting tonight! I've got to run to town, laundry to do, Chicken Parm to make, but my goodness I want to cut some fabric and start sewing!!!

I've been looking at the other quilter's that have their choices cut and sewn, and I am having a great time seeing how they are coming together. What a fun train ride!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by AnngelAnne View Post
Wow, it took me so long to read thru everything that it timed me out and I had to sign back in. I really needed this train ride. I didn't join the last one because I had to finish my fighter jet quilt, which was well received. And I am not able to do this one as I just lost my father and am trying to get things together from that. So you ladies and all your comments and chatter and pictures have been a blessing for me today. I will follow you all and see what the end results are of all the beautiful pictures I have seen so far. Nice work.
So sorry for you loss. I lost my mom at Christmas time a few years back. You are in our thoughts and prayers.