Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Me Too ready to hop aboard. Like several I have been attempting to get my stash in order ROTF but I can't get up! I've cut 2" 3-1/2" 5" squares and 2-1/2" strips. Pressed, folded and stacked. And that was only 3 tubs - way to go before I sleep or miles to go before (Mr. Frost) and not Jack but Robert

Blog Entries
    This was Judy's first scrappy. The first three used yardage, so the new one could be either. Oh, the suspense! My scrappy is still on the machine being FMQ. I have rotator cuff problems in both shoulders so I don't stay with it too long. Thank goodness I have another machine set up for sewing so I'm not having withdrawal symptoms from quilting.

It's going to hard to send it off, but it says it is to be Quilt of Valor for a female soldier. Everyone who passes through loves it.

I think I will join this train ride too. I have not a lot of scraps but I think I am able to manage it. This'll be my first "Mysterie quilt along" and I am very anxious for it.

Blog Entries
    OK paintmejudy-----------what time should we set our alarms for ?!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    OK paintmejudy-----------what time should we set our alarms for ?!!
    I think maybe paintmejudy is on Mountain Time, so some of us will be up and waiting for it to be posted -- no alarm setting needed here.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Haha none if us are patient. We'll get no sleep tonight with the waiting. My clock says nearly 30 more minutes until tomorrow.....
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Hi everyone! Up and waiting for the first clue . Judy where are you????? We can't sleep how can you?
    Carolyn
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h329/islandwiz1/Boom%206%20Autumn%20Group/

Blog Entries
    8:40 here on the East coast.....I'm at the train station........looking down the tracks.........can't see or hear any train yet.....better go back inside and warm up.
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    Judy probably won't be posting the first clue until 9 AM Central, which will be 8 AM where she lives. Possibly earlier if she decides to get up early.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

I'm waiting...patiently??? Excitedly, for sure! It will be another fun ride for sure!

Blog Entries
    Do I hear a whistle yet? Maybe it'll come if I leave to get some coffee with a thimbleful of Baileys in it?
    Life may not be the party we planned for,but while we are here we should dance!

head on over to the home page, scroll down to the BOM and week thread. Judy has spoken

http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...ml#post5898418

Ok, train riders, here we go, getting ready to board the train and start our new trip. Click on this link, and like Dorothy clicking her heels together, we will be there in an instant.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
    I finally put an extra border on mine and finished the top today. I had dark brown sashing with cream stars and decided to add a 5 inch brown border. I really like this one and wish I could post a picture, but no camera.
    Thank goodness for kids who are better at computers than me. I'm finally trying to post my version of this quilt. The stars are an old Thimbleberries print with more of a cream/gold cast than what shows in the pics. I'm definitely going to make more of these!! Thank you Judy!
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  102.4 KB
    Name:  photo (1).jpg
Views: 532
Size:  209.8 KB
    Laura

Laura - I really like how yours turned out! I did a solid border also, just not the same as my sashing, and then added piano key border around that. Haven't decided if I'm going to do another continuous border or not. If I can find a suitable print I might.

Looks great Laura.
    Deb

Thanks Mom-6 and Deb. I've always been a beige/cream background kind of girl and am trying now to use more color for backgrounds. I think I'm going to use red for the sashing and white or gold stars in the next one. I have a nice red piece I bought in Colorado at Harriet Hargrave's store 12 YEARS ago!! I remember the time frame because it was when DS#1 had just gotten his learner's permit and wanted to practice driving in the mountains! Yikes, what a trip!

Wow, hadn't thought about all that until I typed red fabric, lol. Maybe it's time for bed. :-)
    Laura

Blog Entries
    Nice, Laura. Glad the scrappies are still coming.

Blog Entries
    Augh! I didn't do this Stash Buster Mystery, but love the look of it. Could anyone be kind enough to list the post #s of the clues? Sure hope so...wow...it's a lot of pages to go through! Thanks! :-)
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

It only took a couple of months (and the arrival of Spring Break), but here's my top.

Now I'll have to go check out the other thread!

Loved seeing all the pictures of finished tops! Thank for sharing, everyone!

--Q

Coopah, 1 through 4, 351, 634

Quote Originally Posted by sewplease View Post
    Thanks Mom-6 and Deb. I've always been a beige/cream background kind of girl and am trying now to use more color for backgrounds. I think I'm going to use red for the sashing and white or gold stars in the next one. I have a nice red piece I bought in Colorado at Harriet Hargrave's store 12 YEARS ago!! I remember the time frame because it was when DS#1 had just gotten his learner's permit and wanted to practice driving in the mountains! Yikes, what a trip!

Wow, hadn't thought about all that until I typed red fabric, lol. Maybe it's time for bed. :-)

Understand why you bought red. lol
    Deb

Q, the yellow and purple are great.
    Deb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
    Coopah, 1 through 4, 351, 634
    Thank you, RT! I was just nuts trying to find the posts for clues. I'm a RT, too! Again, thanks! Life got in the way of that mystery train, but it looks so nifty when done.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh my, the colors you've been using are out of this world. Thank you for sharing the photos, it's inspiration!
    Bernina 640, Singer 201-3, Singer Centennial 15-91, Tin Lizzie 26" long arm

Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 29 38 39 40 ... LastLast