Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1073

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Quote Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
    Coopah, 1 through 4, 351, 634
    Sighing out loud...Is there a Clue for how to Search the Post # 1,4,351,634? as opposed to Page #'s..I have tried searching every way I know,even read through the HELP section on Searching..My Searches all tell me "information is to short or to long" Help....I missed the train and now I want to ride after seeing all the beautiful quilts you have done.
    Thanks
    May,Janome 6500

Debbie JJ love your quilt too! and the backing, love the leaves. Each one of these pictures are so interesting, same pattern same basic assembly but oh so totally different - just great to each of you - I can't seem to post my picture I'm a lot challenged that way boo hoo

TcMay I sent you A PM you will love this quilt pattern - it's such a winner. And I see you are from N Mich we will be up there this summer Houghton Lake and other places get all your scraps cut 2-1/2"

Blog Entries
    if all else fails click on the "First" box/rectangle , thingy..... do you see it there with the two arrowheads pointing left

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Dew View Post
    TcMay I sent you A PM you will love this quilt pattern - it's such a winner. And I see you are from N Mich we will be up there this summer Houghton Lake and other places get all your scraps cut 2-1/2"
    Thank you so much,I replied both ways Private and via email... I'm in Traverse City area,Leelanau county to be exact ..in the most "beautiful place in American" as we were deemed by The Good Morning America show on National TV last year,so you have to keep coming to see me. I do have a few 2/1/2" scraps cut& stored in boxes just waiting to go,so jump on that Train to TC and I'll meet you at the Station when you get here.....
    May
    Last edited by TcMay; 05-15-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    May,Janome 6500

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    if all else fails click on the "First" box/rectangle , thingy..... do you see it there with the two arrowheads pointing left
    Did that on the "thingy" but got tired at #446 and decided to ask for help while I could still type....Thank you for trying to help me.
    May,Janome 6500

Blog Entries

be sure to post pictures......they have all turned out great !!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TcMay View Post
    Help....I missed the train and now I want to ride after seeing all the beautiful quilts you have done.
    Thanks
    Still waiting on the platform... hoping a generous soul would send me the pattern ...
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ligia View Post
    Still waiting on the platform... hoping a generous soul would send me the pattern ...
    the pattern is on here. you just have to find the post #'s. we all loved this quilt. when is judy going to do another one? i saw she did a table topper, but i don't do those. i have enough stuff sitting on my tables without putting something there on purpose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewNso View Post
    the pattern is on here.
    I have it saved on my PC now. It was fast ! Thanks
    loving retirement

Blog Entries
    This quilt starts with 4 1/2 inch squares. Mine is finished, but temporarily I can't post a pic.

Blog Entries
    Moonwork PMd me to ask how to note a particular post in your thread so that other members can go there. Since members can have a different number of posts per page, as chosen in General Settings, it's best to link to an exact post. Members have the ability to post a link to the exact post you want to refer to. It is explained here http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/question-about-posting-links-t221597.html
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Last edited by moonwork42029; 05-16-2013 at 04:38 PM.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Moonwork42029 Super job of posting the exact Link....Thank you thank you

Daisy Dew...you are a great quilter friend ...I just had to say that. Love you guys....Oh Boy now I gotta' get packing for my Train Ride....Who Hoo!!!!!!!! By the way I had cocktails with the one and only Carter Osterhouse from HGTV tonight....yep along with about 150 other Realtors, here in his hometown of Traverse City,Michigan He is so nice.
    May,Janome 6500

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
    Moonwork PMd me to ask how to note a particular post in your thread so that other members can go there. Since members can have a different number of posts per page, as chosen in General Settings, it's best to link to an exact post. Members have the ability to post a link to the exact post you want to refer to. It is explained here http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/question-about-posting-links-t221597.html
    That is wonderful,thank you for the Technique...I hope Judy puts in in all her Mystery Train Rides...
    May,Janome 6500

Blog Entries
    Moonwork,
    Its a BIG help to those who missed those trains. Thank you !
    loving retirement

You are so very welcome ... be sure to post your progress so we can oooo over yours too. Here's what my top ended up looking like. Still isn't quilted but will hopefully be finished by end of year.
    Name:  mystery train 3 -- finished.JPG
Views: 496
Size:  124.4 KB
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Moonwork, I LOVE the green in your quilt! Great job!
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Can't wait for the next one!!
    I am an organ donor. I gave my heart to Jesus.

Blog Entries
    I brought my mystery scrappy with me (among several other tops) to my sister's house and told her to pick out one she likes and I'd quilt it for her. Out of all the tops I brought, she liked the scrappy one the best. So now I know where its new home will be when I've finished quilting it. She had fabric in her stash for a backing and I brought along some batting, so while I'm here we will get it sandwiched and ready for quilting.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Wow, 3 great quilts posted since I was last on the site. You go, girls! Great jobs.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    I finally hooked up a different printer so I can show you mine. When I finished it, I had no idea where it was going. Then I checked the measurements and sure enough, it is just Quilt of Valor size. I discovered you can donate locally as long as QOV guidelines are followed - yeah, no postage. I went to the VA clinic and the social worker has two young injured returning female soldiers in mind. I will let her choose. I just need to do a presentation case (pillowcase) and the label and it can be delivered. My FMQ is still on a learning curve, but the loops were fun and the orange peel pattern suits the big blocks. The colors look a little light here. The stars are very coral and the back is very purple.
    Name:  Scrappy Mystery.jpg
Views: 521
Size:  1.76 MBName:  100_0329.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  1.25 MB

irishrose! I love it. I love the colors. Your coral stars are pretty. I love LOVE your quilting. I hope you don't mind I may copy you. Besides my first one I made with the group, I've got five tops finished for my MotherInLaw's grandchildren and 14 cut now ready to sew. I decided Judy's scrappy mystery train pattern was perfect for these. And they all get the same design so nobody thinks I'm picking favorites. I do think I'll also add a small border all around to use more of grandmas fabric. Can you tell me how big your outside border was cut? I want to guess 2.5". Here are my last five: I'm using denim for some stars. That's what's in Grandma's stash. I think they'll be great for the boys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Blog Entries
    Wow, five and each one very pretty with more to go. Yes, I think the border was 2 1/2". That's all I could get from a scrap left from another quilt. It was wide enough to tie the colors together and not lose any points on the outside stars. I wanted to come back with the coral for binding, but I didn't have enough. I found the coral and purple print at my LQS - that was my only purchase for the whole quilt. I had admired that fabric for some time so it didn't break my heart to buy a small amount. The binding is wider than usual - I seem to like wider bindings and especially if the fabric is attractive.

FMQ - I went around each star 3/8" inside the stitching line. It worked quite well with my big plastic FM foot. I was surprised. Then I did a little star in the center of each star. The cream sections were just small loops. When I took one FM class, the instructor said to never cross a line, but I've discovered I like loops as well as meandering and they seem easier. Then orange peel in the squares with a continuous vine and leaves for the narrow border. It does lay perfectly flat - I just threw it on the floor for the pic and it looks like I could have straightened a few edges. I love it, but not for me - I am pleased it will go to a soldier.

I think your quilt will be perfect for a QOV. It's beautiful. Thank you for your quilting details.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 ... LastLast