Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride >

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Old 02-11-2013, 08:13 AM

hey Linda did you ask about a couple of pictures or a couple of pool boys ?
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM

Saphire Rae, your colors look so happy, just like Easter and I love your scrappy binding you have prepared.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 AM

I have learned to do flying geese from this scrappy train ride, I am so excited to start the next one. Marked my calendar for march to look for the thread. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and thanks to Judy for the mystery. My aunt love her quilt. She is the proud owner of this quilt.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM

Good for you, hope you printed out your Certificate and hung it in your sewing room! Glad you and your aunt enjoyed the quilt. But you didn't post your quilt!

For anyone in the east Phoenix area, I'm not overly fond of SAS in Tempe, but love Mulqueen's on Main Street in Mesa, and I think they have a Glendale location, too.

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
I have learned to do flying geese from this scrappy train ride, I am so excited to start the next one. Marked my calendar for march to look for the thread. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and thanks to Judy for the mystery. My aunt love her quilt. She is the proud owner of this quilt.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Good for you, hope you printed out your Certificate and hung it in your sewing room! Glad you and your aunt enjoyed the quilt. But you didn't post your quilt!

For anyone in the east Phoenix area, I'm not overly fond of SAS in Tempe, but love Mulqueen's on Main Street in Mesa, and I think they have a Glendale location, too.
Judy, I just noticed that you're in Phoenix, too... Silly me! SAS is definitely hit-or-miss, and if you're looking for something specific, you probably wont' find it. But if you're looking for a great deal, it's the place to go.

Mulqueens... ah Mulqueens... LOVE that place, and love that they sell Superior threads, in case I can't wait for my wholesale order to get here.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM

cattail, yes, hit/miss on SAS, it used to be a lot better about 15 years ago when I first discovered it.
But Superior threads at Mulqueesn - YEAH!-- only place I can find them in my area.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 PM

JUDY you did take that magnificent trip to Costra Rica I believe? pool boys? large hats, you in a lounge chair, drink with umbrella in hand.... that trip? like the one on facebook and you tube? that trip??? uh huh. pretend you know nothing I am talking about. and sewnsew: I wouldnt mind seeng a couple pics but I also think a couple pool boys might be nice too. went to this hotel in Palm Springs. laying on my lounge. this handsome young man in all white shorts and shirt came by with this spray bottle and asked would I like to be misted? uh oh yes of course.. and every thirty minutes or so they came by and sprayed you down. oh.. can I book another trip next week and the week after? lovely memory. the pool of course. and the sun.. and the mai tai. yeah thats it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 PM

I did that too, Linda, but then I woke up.

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 02-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:06 AM

OK EVERYONE, JUST A REMINDER -- NEXT SATURDAY, IN THE BLOCK OF THE WEEK AND MONTH SECTION -- THE NEW MYSTERY TRAIN RIDE WILL BE PULLING OUT OF THE STATION ON ITS JOURNEY TO WONDERLAND.
I just finished writing out the instructions and figureing yardage, and we will be good to go on March 2nd.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
OK EVERYONE, JUST A REMINDER -- NEXT SATURDAY, IN THE BLOCK OF THE WEEK AND MONTH SECTION -- THE NEW MYSTERY TRAIN RIDE WILL BE PULLING OUT OF THE STATION ON ITS JOURNEY TO WONDERLAND.
I just finished writing out the instructions and figureing yardage, and we will be good to go on March 2nd.
I will be watching for the new mystery train ride. can't wait to get it started. Thank you for your hard work on these mysteries.