Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1073

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Blog Entries
    irishrose your quilt is beautiful. I love the purple backing. Good choice. SheriR, I was wondering if we would get to see your grandmother's legacy. I didn't realize you were going to use this great scrappy pattern. All very nicely done! How more to go?
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    irishrose your quilt is beautiful. I love the purple backing. Good choice. SheriR, I was wondering if we would get to see your grandmother's legacy. I didn't realize you were going to use this great scrappy pattern. All very nicely done! How more to go?
    Thank you Evie. And I'm currently sewing one of 14 I'm doing this scrappy star pattern. Then I have six for Grandmas sons I want to do a square in square pattern out of grandmas plaids. Then....you know all those tiny HST we can cut off these stars? (160) I'm making two quilts of those for grandmas daughter and one for ME. Total...25 left to finish....
    Last edited by SheriR; 06-26-2013 at 07:16 AM.
    SheriR~

~If you can't turn the corners of your mouth up...let the middle sag!~

"Be not afraid, only believe."

SheriR, I LOVE how you've got the stripes all going the same way in the border and sashing strips. You've got some great quilts for your nephews. Your DMIL would be soooo proud.
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieJJ View Post
    SheriR, I LOVE how you've got the stripes all going the same way in the border and sashing strips. You've got some great quilts for your nephews. Your DMIL would be soooo proud.
    LoL you're the second person who has noticedy stripe direction. It really wasn't hard and I only messed up once lol.
    SheriR~

Hey dear Judy, any more mystery train rides in the near future? I am crossing my fingers as are so many others...
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    I love the quilts. Irish, I never thought of sending it to the quilts of Valor program. I have a couple of orphan quilts here that I was looking for a home for. Something eventually pops up. I coule take them down to the local Veterans hospital here. Good idea. My quilt guild is doing a mystery for our officers challenge this year. I chose fabric for a quilt of Valor for it . I an 2 months behind on it but will catch up quickly.
    Pat

IrishRose, I absolutely LOVE your QOV and I'm sure the young female vet that gets it will too.

IrishRose...I love,love your QOV ScrappyTrain Ride...my goodness that is so lovely. WOW Sheri you have done 5 beauties and sooo many more on the table...You will have a Legacy of your own girl. Terrific job on those. i can not wait to return to my machine and quilting...if I did not have to work...Sighing
    May,Janome 6500

I finally got to finish this train ride. I still need to put the final border on but this is as far as it is now. My quilt inspector gives it a seal of approval. But, he wants me to give it to him The house is a little dark at the moment but the stars are a red with grey, black and white dots. Enjoy

Name:  IMG_20130714_202441_580.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  34.7 KB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
    I finally got to finish this train ride. I still need to put the final border on but this is as far as it is now. My quilt inspector gives it a seal of approval. But, he wants me to give it to him The house is a little dark at the moment but the stars are a red with grey, black and white dots. Enjoy

Name:  IMG_20130714_202441_580.jpg
Views: 448
Size:  34.7 KB
    Nice finish. It's a good feeling to be caught up before Judy starts another one.Is the inspector a Minpin. My DGD has one.

Nope, my quilt inspector is a Dachshund. His name is String Bean

I'm not sure if anyone follows this scrappy train thread any more but here are four more tops I've finished for my sweet MIL's grandchildren. I have 15 finished. Eight more to go??? BUT I had to make a side quilt for just her! Pic and story in next post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SheriR~

So I spent 6 weeks this summer with my sweet MotherInLaw after my FatherInLaw passed. While I was with her I showed her all the tops I had finished and also finished the four above while I was at her house. Each time I finished one I showed her. When I laid out the purple/flowers she just sighed and said, "Oh I want to be buried with that one." I was shocked and of course said it was hers!! OR... I'd make her a special quilt I had planned from the cut off flying geese ears. I came home from Idaho the middle of August and quickly finished the geese parts on my last 8 quilts. Then made two more blocks so I'd have 25 for a 5x5 setting. I sashed her quilt in the fabrics of the one she wanted to be buried with. The tags on her quilt and the grandchildren quilts will now say "Grandma will forever have a piece of your quilt and you will always have a piece of hers." I will mail it to her Monday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SheriR~

That is a wonderful story Sheri. Great quilts, all of them.
    Sweet Caroline

SheriR, what an endeavor! Your MIL and grandchildren will love them, I'm sure ... and you're using all your scraps!
    You certainly have earned your angel wings with these.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    Wonderful......just wonderful !!!!!!!

Sheri, Those are wonderful quilts and a perfect way to tie the generations and quilts together. I love the fact that the all of the quilts are the same but different.

And yes there are some of us who still check this thread. Looking forward to the rest of your finishes!

Sheri, I love them all!! Can't wait to see the rest.

Blog Entries
    Sheri, what a sweet, generous, caring person you are to make such meaningful quilts for your family. Well done!

Blog Entries
    Yes, this thread still pops up. Love the quilts that have been done and amazed that several folks have done more than one. Retirement hasn't been retirement for me. It will be awhile before I can actually do another mystery train, but I like to ride along and see all the pretties!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Wonderful use of all those tiny HST.

Blog Entries
    Sheri, your latest quilts are just as lovely as the previous ones. Your mother-in-law is a lucky lady to have you as a daughter! She she get two quilts? I love your "waste triangles" quilt and now have an idea of what to do with all of mine.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Blog Entries
    Ditto all of the above, Sheri. Great job.

Oh....you ladies are all so sweet. You have been my inspiration here!! I deeply thank you for that. You give me tears.

I actually went to Idaho the first of July for my stepfather's funeral. He was so good to my mom. My trip was only scheduled for four days, two to travel and one for funeral business and one to visit family. The Friday I went to visit I walked into my Inlaws house and found my FatherInLaw sick from breaking his shoulder. MotherInLaw in tears from the weariness of caring for him. Needless to say, I stayed the help. My FatherInLaw deteriorated before my eyes and passed the following Friday. I believe God works in mysterious ways and I was meant to be there at that time. I still call my sweet MotherInLaw each day and give her updates and send pictures of each quilt progress.

I shared my Grandma Triangle here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t230177.html
    SheriR~

What a wonderful thing for you to do...you are their living angel! Beautiful quilts!!!

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 LastLast