Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

I'm working on catching up! Trying to decide if I want to go bigger than the 12 patches or not. I made 18 to start with for one large and one small. Two of my kids have laid claim to this quilt. They love my quilts as I haven't made so many yet that they are sick of them. I'd have to make 2 more 9 patches, and find more solid black to match for the stars, as I've run out. I may just stick to the 12 patch. Two more rows of stitching to go, and I'll have the 12 blocks all connected with the sashing. Then there is the quilting to do... I'll be deciding today. I'm anxious to post a pic of mine. They are all coming out so nice and different from each other! It's been fun to log in and look for the next quilt posted. Have a good day all... Tracy.

Blog Entries
    Moonrise, Love the four patches within the nine. I haven't sewn my together yet so may steal your idea.

Createfourpaws, That border really frames the design. I may steal your idea too.

Mine still at Clue two and just on the design wall, not sewn together. But I may not get back to it for a while so will post now. Also, I need to decide now if I'm going to extend it.
    Name:  003educed.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  429.3 KB

Don't know why that picture came out so big.
    Last edited by whitepine; 01-14-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    They all look great. Got the rest of the "stars" done, sewing the rows today and border hopefully. I looked Judy, love the batiks but do have to agree with you that the stars got a little lost. Hard to figure out what to do and still use batik fabric. Wonder if just a light ivory or whitish batik would have made them pop. It is still very pretty the way it is. That's what we get for knowing the pattern and what should pop right out at you don't you think?

Blog Entries
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...rics&FORM=IGRE

these are the fabrics....there is also a quilt retreat ..... will try to find that

Blog Entries
    this is the retreat

http://www.costaricaquilts.com/

Judy ....... sure hope one of the list of quilt shops will be near you
    evidently "Quilting" started there in 2006 and has become very popular

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Love the quilts Judy! I especially love the different colored stars but I was afraid it would be confusing for me and I would be doing too much ripping.
    Esther, you are fast! It looks great! Can I ask what size it finished? Maybe I don't need to make mine bigger.
    i dont know I didnt measure it i figured it out on wed. how to finish it so i did hoping i was right.
    esther

I'm making progress. I've decided to add another 8 blocks to make it queen size. I've got 6 already made, so just need to make 2 more 9 patch blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by happyjunker View Post
    I'm making progress. I've decided to add another 8 blocks to make it queen size. I've got 6 already made, so just need to make 2 more 9 patch blocks.
    happyjunker mine is queen size withthe 12 blocks, after all the clues and when I added the 5 inch borders all around, my ending size is 66 x 82, if i want it to hang more over the edge I may add another row or borders.

I love your quilt so far. I did the opposite, dark for the B color and light for the stars.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Thanks Cindy. Oh yes, that's right... I forgot I still will have another 4 inches on the top and the side, plus two all around before the borders. Hmmm... I might as well go ahead and finish it with the extra eight squares. It may make it long, like a bed spread, but that's okay too. The two of my grown children that have seen the beginning of it, and called dibs, have tall queen mattresses, so larger will be okay for them too. Just more work for me. I think I'll be using this pattern for another top. I'll make it more controlled. It is easy enough and I like the outcome.

My top is done and I did not have to purchase any fabric. It was all from stash. I have enough pieces cut to do a larger one after I finish 3 other quilt projects. This has been my favorite Train Ride. This pattern has so many possibilities. Thanks Judy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sweet Caroline

So glad to see all the wonderful quilts being posted. Such a talented bunch!

I'm off in the morning, will be back on the 26th - see you then.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    bye Judy.................have a wonderful trip...................hugs, goodbye

Have a lovely holiday Judy ...
    Everyday is a good day for Quilting!

Judy have a wonderful trip!! I am envious an will be traveling with you at all the wonderful sites you visit. pictures we want pictures!

I am not going to finish. My own children would run from a scrappy quilt. I am so much to the point it was going to sit in my closet for use when they came yet knew I wouldnt pull that one out.. so I am gifting it to a friend who quilts and she has many families who deseperately need blankets. maybe someone will pick it out of her stack of weekly donations. a never closing door of those who could use something. I love the stars will use them in a baby quilt I had made a while back (ah a ufo) and its so perfect for that. all pretty bright tropical colors a bright white between them and a pretty hot colored star. now that I will post. the blocks are rectangular but think it works anyways am I right? sometimes thinking gets away from me.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I did steps 2 and 3 this weekend. Here is my finished project. I noticed in the picture, you can see my dusting cloth. Proves I don't just quilt in there. Deciding whether or not to put a border on this quilt or not. It is very bright but again, Judy did a great job for our mystery train ride.

Have a great time Judy! Thank you for the fun you've given me on my first, of hopefully many, mystery train rides.

Blog Entries
    For some reason I can't get my pictures to post. Grrrr! I am going to bed and wil try again tomorrow. Thanks for this mystery Judy. Enjoy your trip.
    Pat

thank you Judy for an easy and pretty pattern. Here's mine w/o the final step. All from stash and the sash is from a huge piece I bought years ago to make a '30's reproduction backing. Name:  qb mystery needs final pcs.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  342.1 KB

Here's mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    Here's mine!

Pam...beautiful. I love it.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Oh, I really love all the wonderful quilts you are posting. I'm almost done. I realised the small was too small and the large too large, so I ended up going with a 3 x 3 nine patch arrangment. Then I realised unless I put a border on, I'd lose all those lovely star points when I bound it. but I didn't want it any larger. So instead of using the 2.5" x 4.5" pieces we cut in the first clue, I re-cut a bunch of fabric to 3" wide so I'd have some extra room between the star points and the side of the quilt when binding. So instead of this being a stash buster, I ended up with a whole batch of 2.5 x 4.5" pieces to use somewhere else! But that's just fine as I love scrappy.

We ALL have such beautiful quilts. Great gob everyone. I enjoy seeing all the lovlies!!

Blog Entries
    I love all of them. I know I will be making more of this pattern. Thanks for the train ride Judy and have a safe a fun trip.
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Ready for quilting!

Name:  mysteryquilt-brights.JPG
Views: 454
Size:  415.5 KB
    Above: Brights!

Name:  mysteryquilt-brown.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  395.1 KB
    Above: Browns, Green, and Cream

Name:  blueyellowquilt.JPG
Views: 480
Size:  393.3 KB
    Above: Blue, Yellow, and Green (colors are washed out from the camera flash; will try to get a better photo once it's quilted)
    Have a wonderful day! If you need to contact me, please use the e-mail address on my profile page. Sometimes I don't get notifications that I have a PM here. Please note that I'm usually unavailable on weekends, but I'll get back to you on Monday.

Blog Entries
    Geez, Moonrise - I was all aflutter having made ONE quilt - never mind three! They are all beautiful!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 28 29 30 39 ... LastLast