Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Stash Buster Scrappy MYSTERY QUILT Mini-train Ride

Blog Entries
    hey Linda did you ask about a couple of pictures or a couple of pool boys ?

Saphire Rae, your colors look so happy, just like Easter and I love your scrappy binding you have prepared.

I have learned to do flying geese from this scrappy train ride, I am so excited to start the next one. Marked my calendar for march to look for the thread. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and thanks to Judy for the mystery. My aunt love her quilt. She is the proud owner of this quilt.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.
    Don't Cry Because It Is Over, Smile Because it Happened, Dr. Seuss

Good for you, hope you printed out your Certificate and hung it in your sewing room! Glad you and your aunt enjoyed the quilt. But you didn't post your quilt!

For anyone in the east Phoenix area, I'm not overly fond of SAS in Tempe, but love Mulqueen's on Main Street in Mesa, and I think they have a Glendale location, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lstew2212 View Post
    I have learned to do flying geese from this scrappy train ride, I am so excited to start the next one. Marked my calendar for march to look for the thread. Thanks to everyone for the guidance and thanks to Judy for the mystery. My aunt love her quilt. She is the proud owner of this quilt.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
    Good for you, hope you printed out your Certificate and hung it in your sewing room! Glad you and your aunt enjoyed the quilt. But you didn't post your quilt!

For anyone in the east Phoenix area, I'm not overly fond of SAS in Tempe, but love Mulqueen's on Main Street in Mesa, and I think they have a Glendale location, too.
    Judy, I just noticed that you're in Phoenix, too... Silly me! SAS is definitely hit-or-miss, and if you're looking for something specific, you probably wont' find it. But if you're looking for a great deal, it's the place to go.

Mulqueens... ah Mulqueens... LOVE that place, and love that they sell Superior threads, in case I can't wait for my wholesale order to get here.

cattail, yes, hit/miss on SAS, it used to be a lot better about 15 years ago when I first discovered it.
    But Superior threads at Mulqueesn - YEAH!-- only place I can find them in my area.

JUDY you did take that magnificent trip to Costra Rica I believe? pool boys? large hats, you in a lounge chair, drink with umbrella in hand.... that trip? like the one on facebook and you tube? that trip??? uh huh. pretend you know nothing I am talking about. and sewnsew: I wouldnt mind seeng a couple pics but I also think a couple pool boys might be nice too. went to this hotel in Palm Springs. laying on my lounge. this handsome young man in all white shorts and shirt came by with this spray bottle and asked would I like to be misted? uh oh yes of course.. and every thirty minutes or so they came by and sprayed you down. oh.. can I book another trip next week and the week after? lovely memory. the pool of course. and the sun.. and the mai tai. yeah thats it.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries

I did that too, Linda, but then I woke up.
    Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 02-21-2013 at 08:17 PM.

OK EVERYONE, JUST A REMINDER -- NEXT SATURDAY, IN THE BLOCK OF THE WEEK AND MONTH SECTION -- THE NEW MYSTERY TRAIN RIDE WILL BE PULLING OUT OF THE STATION ON ITS JOURNEY TO WONDERLAND.
    I just finished writing out the instructions and figureing yardage, and we will be good to go on March 2nd.

OK EVERYONE, JUST A REMINDER -- NEXT SATURDAY, IN THE BLOCK OF THE WEEK AND MONTH SECTION -- THE NEW MYSTERY TRAIN RIDE WILL BE PULLING OUT OF THE STATION ON ITS JOURNEY TO WONDERLAND.
    I just finished writing out the instructions and figureing yardage, and we will be good to go on March 2nd.
    I will be watching for the new mystery train ride. can't wait to get it started. Thank you for your hard work on these mysteries.
    Cindy R in Dallas, TX

"My day is not complete until I play with fabric in some manner......whether be sewing, cutting or just fondling for a new project."

Quote Originally Posted by createfourpaws View Post
    I will be watching for the new mystery train ride. can't wait to get it started. Thank you for your hard work on these mysteries.
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto here.
    Sweet Caroline

Blog Entries
    Woo hoo !!! I am ready for the next train ride !!!
    A good friend is like a warm quilt wrapped
    around the heart

Karen

Can't wait to see everyone next week!

Wonderland...is that a hint?
    Deb

Blog Entries
    How long is the new train ride going to be? Will it go through the month of April also? I'll be out of touch for the last week in March as I'll be on a quilting cruise. Possible can take pieces of mystery quilt along if I'm not caught up.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by labeelady View Post
    How long is the new train ride going to be? Will it go through the month of April also? I'll be out of touch for the last week in March as I'll be on a quilting cruise. Possible can take pieces of mystery quilt along if I'm not caught up.
    Quilting cruise?...I'm turning green here!

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    I just finished writing out the instructions and figuring yardage, and we will be good to go on March 2nd.
    Can't wait Judy I really look forward to your mysteries!! I better get my sewing room in order to start it got some projects I need to finish up and get out of the way
    ​Christine

Blog Entries
    I'll make sure the decks are clear by March 2nd. Haven't quilted the last one OR the spin off that I made from the leftover pieces that were on the cutting table. BUT I'm game for another one!
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewsewquilter View Post
    Wonderland...is that a hint?

that was my first thought also.......wonderland.....hummmmmm

and that quilt cruise.....you know....WE WILL EXPECT PHOTOS !

Blog Entries
    Don't know if they'll let us take pics. I've never seen pics of any quilting cruise classes. I wonder why.
    This one is a Craftsy Quilting Cruise out of New Orleans.
    Pat H
    Carencro LA

Blog Entries
    i have been working to get my last one finished so I can get started with everyone else. Sure hope to keep up on this one and spend some quality in the Club Car.
    Aurora

"A dying culture invariably exhibits personal rudeness. Bad manners. Lack of consideration for others in minor matters. A loss of politeness, of gentle manners, is more significant than is a riot." -Robert A. Heinlein

Blog Entries
    My scrappy is on the 301 being quilted. It should be done by Saturday so I can start the new one. I love mysteries.

Blog Entries
    I found my missing 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 pieces from my mystery quilt this week. I have no idea how they ended up in the folder that I take to my guild meetings. I had to re-cut all of them for my quilt. I will sew them together somehow and make some doll quilts for Salvation Army and Toys for Tots. Great FMQ practice quilts. My mystery quilt is quilted and ready to bind this week. I am ready for the next mystery. Mine is going to the school carnival. Hope it raises a lot of money.
    I am ready for the next mystery. Gotta use up a lot of my stash this year. That is my goal. I already have a home for the new one. I am giving it to a co-worker as a chemo quilt. SHe has been drooling over the other one. I will use similar colors on the next one. Can't wait!!!!!!
    I will have to bake something yummy for the new ride.

Blog Entries
    count me in will be @ the station in my town thanks judy i really look forward to these train rides
    esther

Blog Entries
    Woohoo, I'm ready! I've got the tops done for rides 2, 3 and 4, but of course all are now in the to-be-quilted pile. But, can't wait to get goin' on ride 5. Thanks, Judy. Looking forward to seeing y'all next Saturday.
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37 38 ... LastLast