Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 03-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Omgoodness, Dotty....delays can reek havoc on us emotionally. So sorry! Sounds like you have a great team of doctors looking out for you tho. I have been thinking about you all day....get some rest and get well..

Donna....I had a goal to get these done by a certain date. Not sure if I will but still shooting for it. Your fabrics in this quilt are beautiful. I'd love to roll around in and, also, pilfer your stash...lol! Keep the energy going...

Anael....thank you. Your encouragement has been wonderful during this project. Such a sweetie...

laurafet....I battle this (perfectionism) with every block and quilt. I took my 106 blocks to LA today....my 2 quilts were ready...she wanted to see them by blocks. Her response was very encouraging and she asked me if I would be willing to share with her quilt club when done. That made me feel good. She's going to help with the quilting on this.

3 more completed today... 31 to go..
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  
Old 03-23-2018, 09:59 PM

Teen, thanks!!
I know that feeling, it's never good enough, it has to be perfect, again and again. I'm slowly learning it doesn't have to be. But even settling for less than perfect I keep telling myself I could have done better...........oh dear, what are we doing to ourselves?

I love your blocks, that bridal bouquet is gorgeous! Would you please share the quilting with us, once finished? I still have to quilt mine!! No idea how.....
Old 03-24-2018, 05:51 AM

Looking good Teen!

I've gotten caught up in the String Box quilt-a-long, mostly because I love using up scraps and getting containers emptied out. But then the whole reason I did this sampler is to use up batiks. That's a goal for this year, see if I can use up scraps. I think the string quilt will be the 10th one using mostly scraps (not all done this year though). I've done a lot of "scrappy" quilts that I pulled fabric from my stash, but I'm not counting those.

Good wishes to those facing surgery. I've never been put under for anything (not even tooth extraction) so I'd be so freaked out if I need surgery.

Last edited by Macybaby; 03-24-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:12 AM

No need to freak out Macebaby. If you don't wake up you will never know and if you do you will have a few bad days before it gets better

Here they talk you through it if you never had a certain procedure done. I never had an epidural and I was really scared. I told them and they were very kind and understanding. They told me every step of the way what they're going to do and why. I was happy I did it.
Old 03-24-2018, 09:22 AM

Thank you, ladies...

My my scraps are small and my stash minimal since I haven't been quilting as long as some. Though, I've made over 90 quilts since I started my SIL taught me to use scraps of current quilt to make a quick donation quilt and I have done this for the most part. I started cutting up scraps to plan for scrap quilts I want to make and I use up some with applique. Macybaby...you are on a mission ....good for you...

Anael...I'll be sure to share quilting when I get to that point.

I told my surgeon that all implements needed to be covered before wheeling me in to OR. I did not want to see hacksaws and chainsaws. I had epidural but they also knocked me out....don't remember a thing except anesthesiologist saying..."Night night, Teen". I had a great experience overall but so glad it was over.

Today...sewing more SBS but I've got 2 quilts just back from LA needing binding. So busy day when DH is away!
Old 03-24-2018, 09:43 AM

LOL They knocked me out too but with the last surgery they had to wake me up during surgery because of BP problems. It dropped too much, the meds they gave me made my heart start racing so I had to wake up. They were sewing me up when I woke up. Weird feeling......

I use my scraps for machine appliqué but that doesn't take much fabric. So my scraps are finally multiplying.......hahahaha. Now I don't know how to get rid of them. I don't like making scrap quilts!
Old 03-24-2018, 04:24 PM

Oh wow!! Pretty scary....I would freak if I woke up in OR...Yowza....

I don't mind making scrap quilts but only if I plan them and cut up sizes over time. For me, it takes too long to cut a scrap quilt in one sitting.

I completed 5 today. Would have been 6 but I was on the last 2 Y-seam's of Kings Star and realized that I had 2 pieces turned around. This was after I already sewed 6 Y-seams...I was most upset. Pitched the block and set it aside. I'll do it later...lol! 26 to go!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg  

Old 03-24-2018, 04:45 PM

Ladies, all this talk of surgeries- you must all have faith- in your doctors, in yourselves, in your friendships both in your everyday lives and those here on the board, and most of all, faith in the power of prayer. I find so much comfort in the caring spirit of the friends here, and just hearing your caring thoughts for each other each day gives me a strength and courage to get through things in life I never expected to be going through. And seeing everyone's progress is just an added plus! I feel the love!!!
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM

Laurafet...you are precious and I pray your struggles lesson over time. I know you are spread thin with all you are doing for parents and not able to do the things you love for yourself. Obviously, God has you exactly where he wants you for now. And I agree....the people here are wonderful....SBS thread rocks on support system!
Old 03-24-2018, 10:44 PM

Laurefet, hugs! I hope better days will come soon, for you and everyone you love.

Teen, thanks!!!! You're so kind!

Lofs of Y seams in your latest blocks, very well done! Isn't it annoying, thinking you almost finished a block only to find out you did a few pieces wrong and have to start over again? Arghhhhhhhhhh