Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW >

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Old 06-18-2018, 09:15 AM

Beautiful blocks, DonnaPea! The darker blocks will add so much depth to the finished quilt.

Good luck on your move too, Teen!
Old 06-19-2018, 05:24 AM

Those are very nice blocks Donna, I love earth tones!

My SBS is off the frame! I'm so glad to be done! No idea when I get to binding is as my "to be bound" list is gotten very long. Maybe something to plan on for the 4th of July, though with it being on Wednesday, there is no good way to stretch it into a long weekend.

I counted and I have 9 tops left to quilt. I've gotten down to the point that most of these I plan on keeping (for now) and most of them I have ideas of what I want to quilt and it's not an all over pattern so none of them will be fast. I'm real tempted to put the CMIYC quilt on, while I'm still in the swing of doing FMQ.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:42 AM

Hello Sylvia girls.

DonnaPea, any new blocks to share.

Teen and NZquilter, I can't wait for you ladies to get all moved. I can't wait for you to start sharing what you are working on again. As I know you are too. I have moved enough to know how inconvenient it is. But, I wasn't a sewer back then.

I am working on an old UFO, my Giant Scrappy Swoon. And, I am also working on a R/W/B quilt for my SIL who is deployed at the moment.

Cathy, what is CMIYC again? I wish I lived closer. I love the binding off step. I would lend a hand or two to you.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:15 AM

Hope all is going smoothly for our relocating friends and you soon reach the stage of looking around and realizing you're IN! Judith, are you doing your SIL's quilt as a Quilt of Valor? That is such a wonderful program. I made one for my SIL, who is an Army vet, a few years ago, and he really appreciated it. I'm sure yours will too. All the best to him, and I appreciate your family's sacrifice.

June has been such a busy month for me, but I had a nice peaceful Saturday morning in my sewing room and here's the results. And a big milestone - I passed the 100 block mark! 103, to be exact. So I am on the downward slope now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596423[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596424[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]596426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg   f-9.jpg   n-9.jpg   c-2.jpg  
Old 06-25-2018, 05:31 AM

Donna - very nice blocks - makes me miss having them to work on. I'm going way out the other direction with the quilt I started working on - it's a mandella style and will be paper pieced. I've been drawing up the layout for the "rays".

Judith, that stands for "Catch Me if you can". you can google to see the design.

I got two quilts bound yesterday, so I'm making progress on that front. I probably won't get the SBS for a while since it's one I'm going to hang on to for now.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:47 AM

Yesssssssssssssss DonnaPea, lovely blocks and you passed the 100 mark!! Congrats! You were on the downhill slope for quite some time now.....ever since you passed the halfway mark!

Macebaby, did I see those rays in another thread? Bright ones? Can't remember where though......
Old 06-25-2018, 05:54 AM

Only 2 photos from Saturday's ride. The weather was great but I didn't take many photos.

The first one is a mill, built in 1889.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596430[/ATTACH]

The second one is a tiny lake, now you might think.......a tiny lake, so what?
This one dates back to the 15th century and was connected to the Northsea at that time. Now it's surrounded by land, miles away from the sea and no salt water anymore since a long time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596431[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 23.06.2018zwartenbergse-molen-leur1.jpg   23.06.2018dezandwielhoeven11.jpg  
Old 06-26-2018, 04:41 PM

Took a break from my SIL's Chain Link quilt to build another block while a gal that is learning to quilt was here for the afternoon. Her personal mission is making quilts for the homeless but hasn't liked sewing generally. I started her on simple 10" block about 50x60 quilts, and she, her husband, and kids all decided they wanted one too. I had her try just 3" strips to create the 10" blocks this winter. They presented more of a challenge - she's learning the importance of accurate cutting, even seams, and measuring after every seam as they go together. Anyway, she still is enjoying the process & it's been over a year now, so maybe a new quilter in the making... Anyway while she was here today, I
completed G5 Mariners Compass...[ATTACH=CONFIG]596538[/ATTACH]

Here's the latest pic of the Chain Link Quilt before I had all the border triangles set and got it on the Tin Lizzie. I'm about 3 runs into the quilting as of yesterday..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]596539[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails g5-mariners-compass-web-ready.jpg   no.-2-border-triangles-set-web-ready.jpg  

Last edited by auntjo; 06-26-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-26-2018, 08:35 PM

Oh my auntjo, that mariner's compass is breath taking! Perfect!!

The Chain Link is beautiful! Please share again after quilting.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:11 AM

Auntjo - beautiful work, love your G5. I haven't done that one yet, but have the fabric for it already in mind. Isn't it fun to work with a new quilter? I have done so twice, really enjoyed it. And one summer I volunteered at a local 4-H quilt camp where middle school & high school girls learned to make a jelly roll race quilt. So much fun. I hope to do that again in retirement.