Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 1651

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Donna- your blocks are looking very nice. I love the way your fabric prints add so much to the block - something you don't get with batiks. Fussy cutting for blocks like this is so fun, and adds a bit of surpirse when you are looking at the finished quilt.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Thank you, ladies....Donna...I sat and stared at it too.....but I did it cuz I couldn't believe all the work in it. I tried to pick a favorite block and couldn't decide...then I tried to find my mistakes...lol.... Anael was right, you can't see them when all together. Your blocks are wonderful, as usual.

Macybaby....Good grief....you are off to tackle Dear Jane? I just don't have it in me right now to even think about doing another small block sampler. I saw one on the board...I think it was Kitsie on the thread "Dear Jane or Farmers Wife". She used one fabric on each block. I thought that was really cool and the quilt was stunning. Don't know if that is what the pattern called for but I liked that. And the border was amazing. Whatever you choose, it will be gorgeous. Good luck!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Oh..and thank you, Donna...the piano bench quilt was an experiment I did to practice curve borders and FMQ. Fun quick project...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

I was doing the Farmer's Wife when almost everyone on the Q. Board was making it. I only made 50 blocks, the easy ones. I still have the handle to put on the basket block and then I will be able to put it all together. How many years ago was that? So you can see why I am simply amazed at how quickly you have put 140 blocks together. Teen and Macybaby, love your quilts and Donnapea, you are well on your way to your masterpiece.
    The best kind of sleep beneath heaven above is under a quilt hand made with love. Anonymous

I really like the Farmer Wife sampler, Blue Bell. I'll look forward to seeing yours when completed. I don't know how many blocks are in it but 50 is a nice size quilt. As far as speed, I really sew slowly...I just didn't work on anything else except this project. It appeared fast but, really, 2 mos on one quilt is the longest I've ever worked on a quilt other than a BOM. And, I still have some work ahead of me so it will be a couple of months before binding is on. I want it done before I move this summer so I will stay on it to completion.

Weird, I don't get updates on this thread.

You can't go wrong with Sylvia, it's what you want it to be, like any other quilt. There are so many different ways to do Sylvia (or Jane for that matter)......it's all up to you.
    My Jane is traditional, like the original Jane and also the Trip around the World colours.

Teen, I hear you.........I always say I don't do SITD, I do A(almost)SITD I really don't like it! Even with a walking foot the fabric is shifting, no matter what I do, how many pins I use or the direction I'm sewing. So.........instead of ASITD I like an all over FMQ. But you're right, Sylvia is huge and heavy once sandwiched.

DonnaPea, more great looking blocks!!! Keep them coming!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Anael....I PM'd you....

Got it, PM'd you back...........

Love your both of your quilts...

I just LOVE both of your Christmas SBS and dear Jane quilts. I'm a long time quilter who's just recently started up with this hobby and your blocks are inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by DottyD View Post
    Hi Anael,
    This is a link to my SBS design wall - with which you can click on any block and it will enlarge it. Do let me know if it doesn't open !

http://www.amiga.talktalk.net/index.html

My Dear Jane link is at the bottom of this reply ! I love these little blocks LOL.

Getting ready for my trip but I did cut out the border strips for SBS. The outer sashing is done so now it's just inner borders and applique border to go, which I will tackle upon my return. I have a plan for the binding, which should be really cool....tee hee!!

Now we can't wait for you to come back and reveal the borders and binding!!! Have a great trip Teen. You might have told us what you're going to do but I forgot......old age I guess

Heading to Idaho where my future home is being built. It's a work trip to finish the bathroom and electrical work on my DH's huge workshop that was completed in January. DH wanted to do some of the work himself so that's what we'll be doing...but, of course,......LQS will see me often....lol!

Ahhhhhhh thanks! Have fun building your new home, that's exciting! In one month you can do lots of trips to the LQS. At least they need to know you will live there soon so they can restock accordingly

Teen- have a great trip and hope you get lots done.

Hope Idaho is having better weather. We just got over a foot of snow! That has not happened here in April for about 20 years.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Thank you, ladies! Pretty mild winter this year in Idaho. We expect 60's high and 40's low but we are preparing for whatever happens. They have stores so no biggie. We are RV'ing so if a huge snowstorm should occur, we'll hit a hotel. Lol! Plus we have friends there...

The LQS knows I'm coming!!! Lol!! Have met all the shops and many guild members and quilters in my valley. They can't wait for me to get there....so they say. My future neighbor several acres away wants to learn quilting. And my BFF is moving with us there too (thank the Lord)... She wants to learn, as well. Lots of plans...I'm far from an expert but we'll learn together.

Stay warm and safe, Macybaby...
    Last edited by Teen; 04-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.

The bad weather you're having is on the news here now.

Teen - Sounds like you have some exciting new adventures ahead of you. I'll be interested to read of the progress on your new home. I managed to get a few more blocks completed over the weekend, in addition to hitting some garage sales with my daughter & granddaughter. I appliqued Orange Peel - just seemed so much simpler that way.

Name:  D-9.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  76.3 KBName:  J-5.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  75.6 KBName:  L-5.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  87.9 KBName:  J-3.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  76.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well done DonnaPea!!

oh Donna! I love that pineapple block!

Wonderful, Donna. Lots of purple and yellow.....and you know how much I love yellow. Gorgeous fabric, as usual. And, i applique'd my Orange Peal block, too. So much easier...

Blog Entries
    Teen, I hope you have a good trip. It already sounds like you have a lot planned out. Will you be able to check in from time to time?
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Thank you, Judith. I hope to stay connected but likely won't be frequent. Lots going on but will surely check in. When I return home, I'll likely have some questions on your moving expertise, Judith. Hugs!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Thank you, Judith. I hope to stay connected but likely won't be frequent. Lots going on but will surely check in. When I return home, I'll likely have some questions on your moving expertise, Judith. Hugs!
    Sure, anytime.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

I saw the neurologist today. My condition is called meralgia paresthetica, it's a damaged nerve in the lower abdomen. No treatment, only hope it will disappear one day. If not the body will get used to the damaged nerve, she told me. I'm glad it's nothing serious and at the same time sad nothing can be done to fix it.

Well, at least you have a diagnosis and it is nothing serious or hip related. I'm just sorry you have to live with the pain and limitations until it fixes itself. Did she share her theory on what caused this? Was it surgery related? I know when they replace a hip joint they twist your body and leg every which way when they install the new hip joint. They did mine, anyway. I remember my stomach muscles and leg muscles hurt following surgery. Never asked why cause I didn't want the mental image (lol) but they said pain was normal and would go,away, which it did.

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15 55 64 65 66 ... LastLast