Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 91 92 93 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2329

Thread: Sylvia Bridal Sampler BOW

Blog Entries
    DonnaPea, I use a tool called a Bias Edge Square. You can trim from 1/2 sq in" triangles up to 8" triangles. I never needed anything bigger. But, I believe the tool does come in a 12" square also.

You might want to look around and see if you can find one or something similar. Even JoAnn Fabrics might have something similar that you could buy with a coupon. I find this tool to be my most highly prized possession in the sewing room. My half square triangle blocks are almost always spot on when using the tool.

My 8" Bias Square by the Patchwork Place in action.

Example of tiny trimming. This is a 4.5 x 6.5" postcard. The 1/2 traingles measure 1.5" sq. All trimmed with my bias sq. ruler.

My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee

Blog Entries
    It won't help for your finished Silvia, but, maybe future projects.

I have a quilt I'm working on right now that every single 1/2 triangle block was trimmed with this ruler. All 672 of them. And, every block is coming together like a dream. 2 more rows to go and a final border. Then off to the quilter it goes.

All 672 of them????????? My goodness!!!!!!!!! Picture please when the top is finished! I've never seen a quilt with that many HST's!! I think........

Great blocks DonnaPea!!! Imagine.....you might already be finished by the time you read this! Well done!!
    Eat, quilt, sleep, repeat

Let me see if this photo will be as huge as the other ones I posted. It's a technique called multiple exposure. First picture normal, second one upside down, photo shopped a bit, turned it upside down again and now it's totally unrecognizable.
    I learned this technique today and I have to admit, I really like it.

Name:  MolenvenMultipleExposure1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  81.0 KB

Blog Entries
    Anael, I'm almost speechless. It looks like you are looking down through the clouds to the ground. Or, maybe a refelction. Very cool!

Thank you!!!!

Blog Entries
    Sweet little postcard, Judith. I wore my 6.5 ruler out, and now have the 8.5 one, but is not so handy when trimming the smaller blocks. I have found the small Creative Grids rulers to be very helpful when cutting HST's as well...the diagonal line runs from one corner to the other. Smaller size is easier to manipulate when I cut tiny HST's. These two have 1/2" finished HST's. The first was made with waste triangles. Name:  011.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  91.2 KBName:  2012 Tulips for my Heart.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  61.2 KB
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Wow, OK!!!!!! Stunning!!!

OKsewglad, in my opinion, is the "mini" goddess. She is amazing and these are no less stunning pieces. She is the reason I started doing mini's. Just love her stuff and admire her skills.

Judith....I use a creative grid and square my HST's, too. Just have to remember to cut pieces larger than pattern calls for so you have enough to trim away. But, 600 plus would do my head in. Lol! adorable postcard and perfectly pieced, which does not surprise me.

Anael...rockin pic, girl..... Did you ever consider printing some of your favorites on fabric and making a quilt? Some are so frameable they are that beautiful...

So, off to paint some more....
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    Ok, your are the goddess of mini's. Those 1/2" sq. triangles are perfect. Your mini's are always a source of wonder to me. I'm not sure my pre-arthritic hands are up to working with that small of pieces. But, never say never....right.

Blog Entries
    Thanks you guys...these two went to AAQI's Priority on line fund raiser. Both were hard to let go, but went for a good cause!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    OKsewglad, in my opinion, is the "mini" goddess. She is amazing and these are no less stunning pieces. She is the reason I started doing mini's. Just love her stuff and admire her skills.

Judith....I use a creative grid and square my HST's, too. Just have to remember to cut pieces larger than pattern calls for so you have enough to trim away. But, 600 plus would do my head in. Lol! adorable postcard and perfectly pieced, which does not surprise me.

Anael...rockin pic, girl..... Did you ever consider printing some of your favorites on fabric and making a quilt? Some are so frameable they are that beautiful...

So, off to paint some more....
    Thank you and no, I never considered doing that. Still don't

This is my sky as a result of the Southern Calif fire called "Holy Fire". This is 20-25 miles from me but there are some QB members effected worse and some in the path. Second picture is the Sun. Only 5% contained and the arsonist arrested. Over 6,000 acres burned so far. Prayers for those in harms way...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Blog Entries
    oh Teen, that's terrible. I will definitely be praying for all. Including the fire fighters. An accidental blaze is bad enough. But to deliberately set a fire is unconscionable. The fires in California have been so bad this year!!

I will never understand why people do this. What's the point? What do they get out of this?
    It's so sad.......

Thanks for sharing that picture, Teen. Joining many others in prayer that this calamity will come to an end and that no further lives are lost.

Well - TA DA! It's a wrap. Here are the final 2 blocks. Not sure I could do another one; this quilt was big enough to truly be a challenge, but no so huge as to be unattainable. I am so grateful for all the tips, encouragement, support, and overall friendship from this group. I will pay in forward by continuing to follow this thread and support those who work on this really interesting project in the future. I learned a lot; I had only a vague concept of paper piecing before I took this on, now feel very comfortable with it, as well as learning a lot about sewing Name:  I-1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  74.2 KBcurves and what quilting techniques I do and don't really like.

Now comes squaring them all up and tweaking a few that aren't quite what I want to put in a quilt for posterity.
    Name:  A-6.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  73.7 KB

Congratulations, Donna..... These last blocks are fabulous. Can't wait to see your quilt assembled. And, I agree with you about the challenging skill building this project was. So glad you stuck with it.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Donna!! Yipee!! The last two blocks are beautiful. I can't wait to see your final finished quilt.

Name:  congratulations-card8-small.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  15.8 KB

You did it!!!! Well done Donna!!!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Oh the best is last...love that strip star block, DonnaPea.

Heartbreaking to see all this lovely landscape destroyed. MrOk and I were driving home today from Wisconsin. As we approached the bluffs along the Mississippi we could see a heavy gray haze in the distance as the sun was setting in the west...I'm sure it was smoke from out west. It made the view look like we were in the Smokey Mountains...
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Whoopie, Donna!!! Congratulations!
    Quilters do not make mistakes, only variations

1912 White Rotary Treadle, 1942 Singer 66-16, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Anael, this is what 672 half square triangles look like. My Orange and Pink quilt is complete and ready to go to the quilter. I did put a 3.5 inch border in white all around (not pictured) to stabilize the edges for quilting.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh that's gorgeous Judith!!!!! So bright and happy and so my colours

Here's a photo I took today. It's a Laetiporus sulphureus, also called Chicken of the woods because it tastes like chicken.
    Name:  Zwavelzwam in de buurt van Losser-De Lutte1.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  101.8 KB

Blog Entries
    Thanks Anael. I thinks it's time to move onto a quilt that does not have all the same blocks. I was getting bored with these blocks by the last 2 rows. But, I pushed on and finished.

Cool photo.

You're so much better than me! I would have gotten bored after the first 2 rows!!

Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 91 92 93 ... LastLast