Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"New" Postal Regulation is going to cost us more for shipping. >

"New" Postal Regulation is going to cost us more for shipping.

"New" Postal Regulation is going to cost us more for shipping.

Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 PM

Oh my, I'm so sorry to be hearing all these "bad" vibes from everyone. I work for the PO and as I've said before in other posts, there is always a reason why something doesn't work. Things change, sometimes overnight with no warning...just like gas prices going up, and milk at the supermarket, etc...you never have warning for that. Please be mindful that there are Postal workers who are nice people. If you really have a complaint with the PO, there is always your Consumer Affairs Office, I don't think this is the venue for it. always ask for a receipt if you can't wait to mail something, then call or write to the office that should be handling your issues. There is a phone number you can call too - it's 1-800-ASK-USPS. Sorry - just sharing my opinions like everyone else is.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:28 PM

Sorry if I caused offense; I did file a gentle complaint on the USPS web site also. I understand that they must have regulations, I just think they should be made publice BEFORE the PO employees are asked to begin enforcing them.

I think many forget that the USPS is self supporting. Postage can't remain the same forever. How will the vehicles gas cost, etc., employees pay, get done?
When I spoke to my carrier, he said the post office can't just add a surcharge whenever for cost hikes like FED EX and UPS can.
I think we all need to be patient and thankful that we do have this provided - shipping.
Also, as far as envelope regs, do you want your package to arrive untorn and in good condition or ripped where materials may be missing?
Rules need to be in place. It's good common sense to not overstuff so that the package we are shipping doesn't end up torn.
Banned

I understand. This is never directed towards you. As I have said I have 5 different post offices I use and only 1 of those has 1 woman who is rude. I would say that is pretty good odds. I mean how many people percentage wise do we run into every day who are not nice. I kind of see it the same way. There are those people everywhere, not just the post office. I hope this helps. :)
Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
Oh my, I'm so sorry to be hearing all these "bad" vibes from everyone. I work for the PO and as I've said before in other posts, there is always a reason why something doesn't work. Things change, sometimes overnight with no warning...just like gas prices going up, and milk at the supermarket, etc...you never have warning for that. Please be mindful that there are Postal workers who are nice people. If you really have a complaint with the PO, there is always your Consumer Affairs Office, I don't think this is the venue for it. always ask for a receipt if you can't wait to mail something, then call or write to the office that should be handling your issues. There is a phone number you can call too - it's 1-800-ASK-USPS. Sorry - just sharing my opinions like everyone else is.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by thequiltmama
I understand. This is never directed towards you. As I have said I have 5 different post offices I use and only 1 of those has 1 woman who is rude. I would say that is pretty good odds. I mean how many people percentage wise do we run into every day who are not nice. I kind of see it the same way. There are those people everywhere, not just the post office. I hope this helps. :)
Could it be that this woman you claim is rude, has something going on in her life that is making her bitter and angry? Best thing to do is be patient, be kind, smile.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 PM
Banned

yes, And I use to be a city carrier for the usps. They use to, but I don't think so anymore....go on a 3yr plan. 1st year lose money, 2nd yr break even & 3rd yr make a profit. I don't think they do that anymore though because that was 15 yrs ago. I do think they have gone a little more "corporate" since then. But haven't all big business :)
Originally Posted by DebsShelties
I think many forget that the USPS is self supporting. Postage can't remain the same forever. How will the vehicles gas cost, etc., employees pay, get done?
When I spoke to my carrier, he said the post office can't just add a surcharge whenever for cost hikes like FED EX and UPS can.
I think we all need to be patient and thankful that we do have this provided - shipping.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Banned

That is possible. I just avoid her and go to a different post office instead. Makes life simpler. :)
Could it be that this woman you claim is rude, has something going on in her life that is making her bitter and angry? Best thing to do is be patient, be kind, smile.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:34 PM

yes, And I use to be a city carrier for the usps. They use to, but I don't think so anymore....go on a 3yr plan. 1st year lose money, 2nd yr break even & 3rd yr make a profit. I don't think they do that anymore though because that was 15 yrs ago. I do think they have gone a little more "corporate" since then. But haven't all big business :)
Who knows? Could be inflation has gotten to them.
They can't keep the prices where they run at a loss forever.
Price of gas is causing some of the increase this time though.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Banned

I agree....gas prices are hurting everyone. :)
Who knows? Could be inflation has gotten to them.
They can't keep the prices where they run at a loss forever.
Price of gas is causing some of the increase this time though.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:36 PM

That is possible. I just avoid her and go to a different post office instead. Makes life simpler. :)
That is one option, she is a human being though. No one is perfect, if she chooses to be nasty, that is her choice in life, doesn't mean everyone has to do the same.
Patience, kindness and a smile go a long way even to those who are mean, nasty grumps!