Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 18" Doll Glasses

Blog Entries

18" Doll Glasses

Oh, is Grandma excited. The doll and doll glasses I ordered for my DGD's birthday and Christmas present arrived this afternoon. I use Amazon Prime. I was able to pay for most of it using my Amazon Points and it came today from ordering it on Monday. How quick is that?

The glasses fit perfectly and function (open and close) easily. The glass case that came with it is sweet and well made.

Now I have to wait until December to give them to her. Waiting is hard for Grandmas!!! Agree?????
    Attached Images Attached Images

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Cute glasses, and a fun case! Glad they came so quickly~
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariposa View Post
    Cute glasses, and a fun case! Glad they came so quickly~
    Yeah, but now I have to wait

Waving wildly over the grain filled hills between you and me!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.

Very cute. Just be sure to remember where you hide them until Christmas. I know I would probably forget. My grands are 12 - 27 yrs old and I just get them gift cards then they can get what they want.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

They are just so cute, I bet she'll love them too!
    maker of the 'Oh Dear Jane' Quilt, or should I say trying to the the maker of it?

So cute! And I know how you feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    Very cute. Just be sure to remember where you hide them until Christmas. I know I would probably forget. My grands are 12 - 27 yrs old and I just get them gift cards then they can get what they want.
    I'm still looking for the doll clothes I made last year! This years clothes I put in a labeled box. Wonder if they will still have dolls when I find those other clothes!

Pretty doll and with her glasses, she looks really smart. Now you can make a few outfits for her to give with the doll for Christmas. You can find tons of free American Girl doll clothes patterns by using Google.

Happy day I need to get out my grand daughters American dolls that's stored here at grannys and make some clothes.
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

I miss 18" dolls. I made a lot of clothing for my 3 granddaughters' dolls. They are all grown now but have saved all the clothes I made. I don't miss Barbie doll sewing though.

Blog Entries
    Here is the link to the glasses.

http://www.amazon.com/Sunglasses-Per...2+doll+glasses

I agree with you Sewslow, Barbie clothes were too small for me to think about sewing. One of my younger sisters loved to sew them by hand. Patience for sure.

Linda

Sew sweet. Waiting is not for Grandma's. I have 11 terrific Grandkids but only 1 girl. It is sooooooooo hard not to spoil her rotten.

"waiting"? You've got to be kidding! I bought my granddaughter new shoes(2 pair) Lots of tops and pants, sweaters, etc.Then I sent them home with her (she stays with us on weekends only). Made sense esp. with school starting. Of course I am now in the happy process of replenishing her clothes stash here. This is the first time I have had a GIRL to buy for. I am having a ball!
    raynhamquilter
    I hope you dance!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raynhamquilter View Post
    "waiting"? You've got to be kidding! I bought my granddaughter new shoes(2 pair) Lots of tops and pants, sweaters, etc.Then I sent them home with her (she stays with us on weekends only). Made sense esp. with school starting. Of course I am now in the happy process of replenishing her clothes stash here. This is the first time I have had a GIRL to buy for. I am having a ball!
    Oh, I hope you enjoy her to the nth degree. Bless you.

Linda