Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 1970s music

OH yeah I forgot Fleetwood Mac

Okay I know that this is not a 70's song, but what about Thriller or Ghost by Michael Jackson. What is Halloween without songs like this. I love all of the songs mention & I too am a die hard 70's girl. I hope that you have a lot of fun.

Blog Entries
    I am terrible at remember what year a song came from. But this was also my favorite!!!
    Da Doo Run Run by Shaun Cassidy

I had a huge crush on him and Parker Stevenson when they did the Hardy Boys show.
    Sherri

The Eagles for sure!!!
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

Ooh lots of wonderful memories !! "Go Now" Moody Blues - but so many others by :-
    Bread, Doobie Brothers, Eagles, Cher, Helen Ready, Chicago, Bee Gees, Electric Light Orchestra, Queen, 10CC, Tina Turner, Beach Boys, Glen Cambell, Neil Diamond, Abba, Carpenters, Blondie -- all likes and the list could go on !!!!!!

Unchanged Melody by Rightous Bros.
    Frances
    God is so good, I need to thank him everyday for his goodness.

I love your playlist so far! Shaun Cassidy was my first crush as well!
    ...the importance of one's life lies not in money or celebrity, but in doing the right thing, even in silence or secrecy, and without reward... Fergus M. Bordewich

Let's hear it for all of us from the Class of 1971! Woot, Woot, Yea!

Anything by the Doobie Brothers. The ORIGINAL Doobies, not during the Michael McDonald debacle. Saw them in concert around 1974 and again in 2010. They are like fine wine, better with age, and I do not mean Boones Farm Strawberry Hill! Also loved Elton's "Tiny Dancer" anything by War and Earth, Wind and Fire. Also loved Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" and most things by Chicago.

Hated "MacArthur Park", "Ballad of the Green Beret", "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy", "Having my Baby" and "Convoy", anything by Abba or Tony Orlando. In this category is anything by Meatloaf (unless he's considered early 80's?).

Hubby and I listen to Sirius all the time and unfortunately, it's the awful irritating ones that seem to get played over, and over, and over. Once it's included in the loop, you can count on hearing it almost as often as the old Top 40 stations of yesteryear. You know "the good old days" before panty hose, cell phones, internet, rotary cutters!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4