Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 35th Anniversary

Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire
    There are lots of things to joke about, but exchanging gunfire? Ironic, since one of the topics on this board says a fellow quilter was one of the people shot in Texas.

Well for our 25TH we went to Hawaii, for our 30th we went to Alaska on a cruise,for the 35th we went on a cruise on the American Queen a paddle boat that took us on three rivers in the Us. For our 40th we took a cruise to Panama and for our 45th we went back to Hawaii where our longest son is stationed in the Army. this year will be our 47th, we don't have any plans. We do have very many happy memories of all our years together. It really doesn't matter what you do, a long as you have each other. Mary
    learn each and every day,memories or play.

Our 35th wedding anniversary was last year and we went out to dinner and my husband gave me a gorgeous arrangement of flowers. We treat each other very lovingly and respectfully every day. We are very happily married and he calls me his "domestic goddess". That makes me laugh every time. He even writes that on paperwork that may ask information about his spouse. LOL
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

We always go away. Some years for a week, some years for a night. This year was 40 and we went to Monterey, on the CA coast for two nights. We celebrate by spending time together.

Blog Entries
    I can't remember! Must not have been so wonderful...we usually just go out to dinner and call it good. For our 25th we bought two nice new LR chairs and a newer (not new, just newer) car for me.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Just want to see family!

Blog Entries

Red face anniversary

Loving one another is what we do. Have been doing it since April 13, 1952!! Last year, shortly after our anniversary, we were sharing a rehab room after each of us had open heart surgery (two weeks apart)... Jack laughingly told the nurses that most people take a cruise, and here we are sharing a rehab room. We are still happily married and looking forward to several more years! Good luck and God bless!! Sixty-one and counting. I am so lucky to have my sweet husband.
    Roberta
    Last edited by RobertaMarie; 04-07-2013 at 01:13 PM. Reason: punctuation

Haven't hit that milestone yet, but next year is our "Steel" anniversary ... the plan is to exchange gun fire
    LOL. Thanks for the chuckle
    jean

We just celebrated our 42nd last month and went out for lunch (we both love fish, I love shrimp and lobster), but not on the actual day. That doesn't bother me anymore, tho it did the first few years we were married. Now even if we are a week late, so what, it isn't about the 'day' but about our wonderful life together.

Just have a great time doing what YOU and hubby love to do .. together
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

We just celebrated our 35th on April 1 and that's no joke. We went out to dinner. What made it extra special on EAster Sunday after mass we renewed our vows. That was special.
    Sharon

Blog Entries
    30 years here...we decided to purchase a new front door for our gift. We need no special gifts for ourselfs...if we want something we just get it...but when buying for the house we decided together.

I had to count how many years...this will be 36.
    I'm going home to demand where my 35th anniversary present is and there will be violence if I don't get the right answer!
    wait...we don't exchange gifts...well, why not?
    Who made up that rule?
    I demand: FABRIC
    (of course like every other celebration I will be doing the shopping myself. That's O-K...maybe I'll let him off the hook after all )
    Last edited by Mousie; 04-07-2013 at 05:50 PM.
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Blog Entries
    Luv it !!!!!
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Blog Entries
    We haven't done anything really special since our 25th when my husband bought me an eternity ring. So this past December was 45 year (plus we sold our house two days before) so we decided a trip to Ireland was to be our celebration. We will be going in September.
    Sunnie
    a dog show & quilt addict
    www.buckhollow.net

Blog Entries
    Like "mythreesuns" we would have celebrated our 53rd anniversary this year on July 1st. We never exchanged gifts as such. Seven kids didn't leave a whole of money. Sometimes we would go out to eat without children. Sometimes to a movie. We just made sure we spent the time together. DH has been gone for almost 10 years. Just love each other and enjoy every day that you have together.

After 35 years of marriage, my DH walked out the door forever......Actually, that was not a bad thing.

Blog Entries
    Last year we celebrated 30 years, and we took a trip to Israel. Amazing memories that will last forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2