36 and over

Old 04-15-2011, 04:24 AM

Saturday was for chores!!My Mom stood over us like a soldier until we got ours done. Oh and the walk thru 10 feet of snow thing-we did for 1 mile to the bus stop-spoiled little brats!! also TV was black and white!!! My son found an 8 track tape player that we still had and laughed as he slung his Ipod around his neck.Oh and hey! Blue weekends-if you did't get milk and bread by Friday, you were out until Monday because NO STORE WAS OPEN!!!!We had a wringer washer-guess who got to wring the clothes??? Had a coal furnace-my brother and I took turns bringing the coal into the basement!But you know something- we ate well,played outside and were happy.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:25 AM

Saturday was for chores!!My Mom stood over us like a soldier until we got ours done. Oh and the walk thru 10 feet of snow thing-we did for 1 mile to the bus stop-spoiled little brats!! also TV was black and white!!! My son found an 8 track tape player that we still had and laughed as he slung his Ipod around his neck.Oh and hey! Blue weekends-if you didn't get milk and bread by Friday, you were out until Monday because NO STORE WAS OPEN!!!!We had a wringer washer-guess who got to wring the clothes??? Had a coal furnace-my brother and I took turns bringing the coal into the basement!But you know something- we ate well,played outside and were happy.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:29 AM

sorry hit the button twice in y senility
Old 04-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by lllog
Darlin, wait till your turning 70.

Lanny
YESSSS - (or nearing 80 YEARS OLD - won't be long for me) Just think of all the things Lanny & I DIDN'T have. Talk about not having a computer???? how about a TV, to name JUST ONE OF THINGS ;) ;-) :roll:
Old 04-15-2011, 04:37 AM

We got our first TV in 1958--the one channed was snow or snow.
Old 04-15-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette
When they were growing up; what with walking twenty-five miles to school every morning.... Uphill... Barefoot...BOTH ways...yadda, yadda, yadda
In the snow! :-P :-P

This is hysterical, thanks for sharing the laugh!! I’ll be e-mailing this on to some friends.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 AM

the worst part is I realize how old I am I remember all that stuff!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:10 AM

You ought to do stand up comedy! Hilarious!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
"safety arm across the chest"........ Man. I STILL do this, LOL!

Jan in VA
Oh lord a mighty so do I, even when no one is there I do it. I have a theory that you can tell your generation if you do this or not. New parents now don't because the kids are in the back, strapped into a seat, until they are ten or tall enough for college, which ever comes first. My poor boys, driven over mountain passes, and across the deserts in an old 59 Chevy with steel dashboards and only a mother's arm for protection. Perhaps that does explain a lot...however no obvious brain damage. We won't even talk about me teaching them to drive a tractor just as soon as they could reach the pedals, or other things better left alone.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 AM

I can also remember at my grandparents house, when the phone would ring. We listened for the number of rings to know who's call it actually was. One short, two long rings was my grandparents call. I also remember not having to dial all 7 or 10 digits to make a call. My grandpa worked for the county highway dept, and when he would get a call in the middle of the night to plow, because of a storm. Everyone on the party line woke to the call at 2am also. ha ha ha