36 and over

Old 04-16-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by whereaminow
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Sorry didn't read much of it. Too much swearing.
I read it all, and it was funny, but really wish the swearing was not there. I think it would be just as funny with out the bad words.
I agree about the swearing. I did love the rest of the content because it brought back wonderful memories. :)
Old 04-16-2011, 03:12 AM

My 6th graders thought I was dirt-poor when I told them that I didn't have a color TV, computer or video games when I was a kid....until I finally convinced them that these things hadn't been invented yet. They can't imagine how bored we were without computers, games and cell phones....and they have never been told to "Just go outside and play for awhile". I asked.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:22 AM

I just bought my 13yo a tshirt that says "the internet was down so i decided to come outside today." he's getting better about doing stuff since he wants to be a marine. i've about convinced him that if he didn't get out more, that basic training would kill him.
Old 04-16-2011, 07:57 AM

The first TV I ever saw was in the window of a hardware store next to the movie theater, When the movie was over at night, people would stand in a line in front of the window like a row of owls, looking at a little round tube with an S curve gyrating across the screen!
Some, shaking their heads,saying "What will they invent next?
Honestly, It makes me laugh every time I think of it.
Jeannie
Old 04-16-2011, 09:39 AM

AMEN Quiltin' sistas! I think we need to turn the clocks back so we can turn back time! We thought we were doing our kids favors by 'giving' to them only to find out it was more for our satisfaction than theirs!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the chuckle I loved it an you are so right on..
Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned

[quote=huntannette]!

14) And car seats - oh, please! Mom threw you in the back seat and you hung on. If you were lucky, you got the "safety arm" across the chest at the last moment if she had to stop suddenly, and if your head hit the dashboard, well that was your fault for calling "shot gun" in the first place!

I am sorry but I am one of those that still throws her arm out - just like my mom did....like my 5 foot 4 - 125 pound self will hold up my 6 foot 2 - 200 pound son when we are in a car crash!

I myself was a part of the "promise" club - and I found myself last week saying "wah-wah-wah boo hoo...when I was your age to do a research paper we had to go to the stupid library - spend 5 hours going through a card catelog to find one book and then write our paper with a pen and paper" to which the repsonse was "dang mom you really did have it rough!"....so when I stopped laughing I deactivated my "promise I'll never say THAT to my kids" membership!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Never, in the history of mankind, were there so many rapid changes in technology, that led to very drastic differences in everybody's lifestyle. 100 years! Imagine! That is all it took, to go from the life of Indians and pioneers who lived like them, to walking on the moon to now!
It is amazing isn't it?!
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 AM

so true !!