45 record

Old 03-03-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
i have a juke box and over 1000- 45's. mostly motown.
i bought it out of an old bar near detroit, that was going to be being torn down.
the juke box quit working, i think it blew a fuse.
Oh, what a fine thing to have!!! I just love Motown, it's such a good feeling hearing those songs! Get that thing working and enjoy!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:53 AM

Check some museums. I'm serious. My sister is curator for a county museum and I always ask her before I chuck. She took my digital camera- the first one I had to add to her camera display.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 AM

I once bought a box of 150 45s for 10 dollars. In the box were were many rare Philadelphia doo wop records. There was one by Lee Andrew and the Hearts and thought I would sell it on eBay. I got 239 dollars for it. The reason is because it was a very rare label. So do not throw your 45s away, you never know.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Connie in CO
We found in our records a old 45.Elvis Presley Hound Dog.
I still have all of my old 45 from the 50. I have made sure over the year as the new things have come along that I had something to play all my music on. All my Elvis albums.
I have always loved all kinds of music.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:50 AM

Try Crag's List, maybe someone there will want them.

FreeCycle..I'm sure that someone will want them.

I sold a banker's box full of them at auction 10 or more years ago, and was surprised at the loot I got for them.

Don't just throw them away. I still have some and my son gave me a lovely wood machine that will play them and at the same time make a CD from them. Check this out on the Internet, you might want to get one to be able to listen to the oldies again.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Try Crag's List, maybe someone there will want them.

FreeCycle..I'm sure that someone will want them.

I sold a banker's box full of them at auction 10 or more years ago, and was surprised at the loot I got for them.

Don't just throw them away. I still have some and my son gave me a lovely wood machine that will play them and at the same time make a CD from them. Check this out on the Internet, you might want to get one to be able to listen to the oldies again.
Is it a Crosley?
Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM

e that will play them and at the same time make a CD from them. Check this out on the Internet, you might want to get one to be able to listen to the oldies again.[/quote]
----------------
Is it a Crosley?[/quote]

----------------
No, the strangest thing is that the only label is on the back of it, it says IT. Innovative technology. It's a big one, about 20 by 20 and maybe 15 high, has the ability to make CDs from records. It's an impressive piece of furniture, looks good on my book shelf.

I have a smaller reproduction that looks like an old one, it's an Emmerson, also plays the old records, resembles the bigger one but they are both of course reproductions.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:28 PM

I,m with Carol. I have some 78's that my son left here when he left 30 years ago (and my sister gave them to him)
and I'm can't part with them either. They are in good shape, not played too many times. I guess it will left up to him and his brother what happens to them when I'm gone. I'll leave them the job.
I'd rather be quilting than cleaning out the past. haha
Old 03-03-2011, 01:15 PM

I sew better when I have music to listen to and the 50's music is the best (my opinion). I can sew up a storm just listening to The Platters, Connie Francis, Patsy Cline, etc.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:50 PM

My younger brother is a huge Elvis fan. I would pay you for for him, if you want to sell it.
Kokomo