45 record

Old 03-03-2011, 04:32 PM

Ebay them...just ask for shipping cost...
Old 03-03-2011, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by TanyaLynn
I have about 25 of those 45 records that I want to get rid of. I don't want to give them to Goodwill, I don't do garage sales. The antique stores aren't buying as the market is down. I think I might just as well throw them away and save my children the job of doing it when I'm gone. They were my mother's. I have had so much trouble getting rid of her things that I'm trying to not leave my children such an onerous chore. I just had my 70th birthday and realize I won't be keeping house forever.
Depending on the titles and condition of the 45s, my husband might be interested. Or put them on ebay for a low price + shipping. My guess is they'll go quickly. There is a shop near us that specializes in collectables and he charges upwards of $10 for a 45 record in good condition. My DH collects 45 record players and has over 1,000 45s.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by clem55
I confess to worse than that. I have old 78's.mostly mine,but some that were given to me that are old albums.Would you believe Bing Crosby's White Christmas,or InkSpot albums? I hate getting rid of them, but they were used so much I dont think they would be considered collectables,but probably would be in good shape. I've got so many from the early 50's, and some from the 40's,like the Andrew Sisters,Glenn Miller,Benny Goodman.,etc.I know my kids will toss them, but I just can't make myself do that.
Any records no matter what they are are collectibles!!! My DH collects all the differant sizes and kinds. We even have some that were homemade. I would love to know what you have and how much you would want for them.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
I confess to worse than that. I have old 78's.mostly mine,but some that were given to me that are old albums.Would you believe Bing Crosby's White Christmas,or InkSpot albums? I hate getting rid of them, but they were used so much I dont think they would be considered collectables,but probably would be in good shape. I've got so many from the early 50's, and some from the 40's,like the Andrew Sisters,Glenn Miller,Benny Goodman.,etc.I know my kids will toss them, but I just can't make myself do that.
MY aunt use to have "Bing Crosby's" White Christmas It was a blue record and when I went to her home Year around I enjoyed playing it.. :)
Old 03-03-2011, 05:04 PM

I, too, have some of the old 45's & 78's. When one of my GS's was about 10, he saw them in my sewing room & said, " Gee G-Ma, I have never seen CD's that big before." LOL He had no idea what they were. So I had to play them for him. He thought they were cool.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

It is fun for kids, with adult supervision to lay the records on top of an oven proof bowl or glass and put into the oven and watch them become dishes or trays put oven on 250. We have used cake pans and just about anything that is oven proof for all kinds of shapes
Old 03-03-2011, 05:57 PM

Memories ... memories ... memories, 78s, 45s, 8 track, cassettes, dvds, and mp3...history
Old 03-03-2011, 06:53 PM

i have someone interested my dad is a record collector and would love to know the names of the records you have if you could post them i will show him he has been doing this all his life please if you want to send the list private my email [email protected]
Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 PM

My 19 year old college son is into vinyl's. We go to thrift stores and antique shops looking for them. I'm leaving him all my Beatle stuff (records, cards, magazines..etc) and many other records from various artists. He's the only one that is into that stuff.BUT, there are a lot of people interested in them. The sleeves are sometimes worth more than the record.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32 PM

I just heard that vinyl records are coming back! The stores are suppose to start carrying the record players again. What's old is new again! I wonder when the old 78s will too. I got a bunch that we played on an old wind up player. Oldest son took the player but I got a bunch of the records. Even got one that is only recorded on one side!