Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • 6 year old local child  in need of kidney transplant >
  • 6 year old local child in need of kidney transplant

• 6 year old local child in need of kidney transplant

Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by quiltinggirl
    How adorable! His grin definitely says he loves his doll you made. I will definitely keep this little one in my prayers. I have PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease) so his illness hits close to home with me. God bless you for blessing others with your gifts. We can never do to much to help others in situations like this.
    My son was born with PKD also. In his middle 20's one kidney died and he went into kidney failure. He was placed in hospital on hemodialysis and then learned to do peritoneal dialysis which gave him more freedom. On Sept 2, 2000 he had a kidney transplant in Tampa FL Life Link and Tampa General Hospital. he was 24 when he got his kidney. Are you a small framed person? My son is , weighs less than 100 lbs, shops in the boys departments of stores. If you start getting sleepy even though you got a good nights sleep, go to your kidney doctor. My son thought he was fine, but he wasn't he was dying from the toxins building up in his blood stream. His remaining kidney continued producing urine so he didn't swell up with fluids. Do not ignore little signs of kidney failure.
    Old 09-26-2012, 02:48 PM

It breaks my heart, that in this great country, people have to try to fund their child's lifesaving medical treatment by donations. I won't say anymore. My best wishes for this darling child.
    Old 09-26-2012, 03:52 PM
    Power Poster

Such a beautifl young man! My prayers to this special little one and his family. Praying he gets his kidney soon.
    Bless you so much for your generosity with making dolls for children. One only needs to look at his smiling face to know how much it means to him.
    Old 09-28-2012, 11:11 AM

thanks. I know some families with children like this child end up with medical bills they will never be able to pay off. That happened also with my brother and his wife. He had 4 bouts of cancer, the last 2 putting them so deep in medical bills that my sister in law, can never dream of seeing them paid off. Today is her birthday and another day that should have been joyful, but now without her husband. My brother (only sibling) died March 12th of this year, following his 4th and worse battle with cancer, this time in the bones and pelvic regions. He had just gotten past a reconstructionfrom bladder/prostate cancer a few months before. I sure miss him. God bless all.

Vickey S.