9-11 A Day of Rememberance

Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM

Today has been a day filled with memories of that horrible day. We've been watching it off and on all day. I am visiting with my sil in Kennewick, WA and they have been the recipient of a large, almost 6,000 lb, piece of support beam from one of the Twin Towers. There was a service and unveiling of the memorial structure. Unfortunately, I was not able to get to the service in time but I did visit it today and thought I would share a few photos with you. We were in total awe of it and very humbled in its presence.
May God bless all those who perished and all the families who have gone through those horrific times and are continuing on with their lives. We shall not forget you.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-255222.jpe   attachment-255223.jpe  
Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Cyn

We were there at the 6 month anniversary and that night as we drove out of NY we saw the lighting and it was humbling. We knew our lives would be directly impacted as my husband is a US Marine and left for 13 months to Iraq. My marine brat daughters each picked their degrees to continue to help veterans and TBI patients as one is in psychology and the other is in grad school for SLP for TBI's. Her thesis was just published and dedicated to the Armed Forces and her dad and me- I cried. And then the bragging started :)
Old 09-11-2011, 05:04 PM

You have every right in the world to brag, keep doing it.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Now that's some piece of steel!
Makes the two pieces given to Gander look rather tiny in comparison.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Cyn
We were there at the 6 month anniversary and that night as we drove out of NY we saw the lighting and it was humbling. We knew our lives would be directly impacted as my husband is a US Marine and left for 13 months to Iraq. My marine brat daughters each picked their degrees to continue to help veterans and TBI patients as one is in psychology and the other is in grad school for SLP for TBI's. Her thesis was just published and dedicated to the Armed Forces and her dad and me- I cried. And then the bragging started :)
Congratulations on having such wonderful kids. I'm impressed. We all think a lot about TBI's but your girls are doing something about it. Just wonderful.

Thanks for the pix, OP.
Old 09-11-2011, 05:24 PM

My hometown has received a beam too. Such an honor.

There were 2 firemen in town that honored the firemen lost in the Towers by walking up and down the stairs in the Sr. Highrise (lol 4 stories) until it equaled the total number of flights in the Towers in full gear, carrying 50ft of hoses and other equitment each. Just like those lost in the Towers would have been doing.

You have all rights to be proud of your daughters and husband. OOOORAH!!