? about your bank account

Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 PM

I KNEW that would get your attention! :mrgreen: I just ran across something I don't understand. My DH is trying to get his retirement money from a company he worked for years ago. All is okay EXCEPT they have had us re-send the "routing code" for our bank and include "a check or deposit slip". Well, we're having the $$ automatically deposited so I sent a deposit slip -- 2 times! Now they just called and said the routing # is wrong. We looked at the paperwork we'd copied that we sent and it's the RIGHT routing code. Then - BINGO, we noticed the routing code on the checks is different than the routing code on the deposit slips!!! This is Bank of America....do you all have the same thing with your checking accounts??????

To say this is frustrating is true -- thankfully they said they'd send a check for Aug. and one for Sept as soon as they get the paperwork.

:x
dee
Old 08-30-2010, 12:53 PM
Google Goddess

you got me, you are tricky, ha ha

glad you got it figured out!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:54 PM

I do the payroll at work and the school board requires direct deposit AND you MUST use a cancelled check for the correct routing number. Crazy isn't it.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Yeah, Diana...crazy!!! Then Intn'l Paper should be saying to add a void check...not "check or deposit slip"....hmmm too bad I already sealed the envelope!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes they are different
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM

I do at US Bank, it is a security thing.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:48 PM

Mine matches. Could you be using the deposit slip from a savings acct? I use BOA, too, but use paperless checking, so they gave me a wallet card with the account info on it. I still have the starter checks from when I opened the account 8 years ago.

My debit card is a different number.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:57 PM

I had the same thing happen at Bank of America. If I remember correctly, it had something to do with where my original account was opened.

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
I KNEW that would get your attention! :mrgreen: I just ran across something I don't understand. My DH is trying to get his retirement money from a company he worked for years ago. All is okay EXCEPT they have had us re-send the "routing code" for our bank and include "a check or deposit slip". Well, we're having the $$ automatically deposited so I sent a deposit slip -- 2 times! Now they just called and said the routing # is wrong. We looked at the paperwork we'd copied that we sent and it's the RIGHT routing code. Then - BINGO, we noticed the routing code on the checks is different than the routing code on the deposit slips!!! This is Bank of America....do you all have the same thing with your checking accounts??????

To say this is frustrating is true -- thankfully they said they'd send a check for Aug. and one for Sept as soon as they get the paperwork.

dee
Old 08-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by amandasgramma

dee
Yep...we have accounts in two different banks, business, personal, fun money, etc...and it is the same with both of those banks that our routing number is different on the checks and the deposit slips.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:03 PM

That's why I use a small locally owned bank that has successfully been in business for 119 years!