Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
advice on how pinterest works? >

advice on how pinterest works?

advice on how pinterest works?

Old 10-26-2015, 06:37 AM

You can make your Pinterest boards private, so that nobody else will see what you're saving.

I must agree, Pinterest is a rabbit hole that one can fall down and get lost in quite easily, but I do love it! It was a little bit creepy when people started "following" me though. But I'm not posting anything objectionable so I figured I wouldn't worry about it. I mostly save photos of craft/sewing rooms that I will never be able to have (LOL) and links to free sewing/crochet/knitting patterns and ideas.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Here is a sample of pinterest ideas

https://www.pinterest.com/quiltinspire/

click on any heading,ex, baby quilts, and it will show many then just click on one you like .

Last edited by zennia; 10-26-2015 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

Supposedly, I joined and I've been pinned (?)! I rarely go there. I keep trying to unsubscribe to notifications and gave up. Now I just delete from my email inbox.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 AM

I enjoy Pinterest. I get inspired by what other quilters post and have found some wonderful recipes there. It does take some self control though.......it is easy to linger!!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:04 AM

I do like to visit pinterest, but never sign in with my Facebook account. I always only sign in with my e-mail (as with all sites).
Whenever I've wanted to visit a site I find on Pinterest, I've only had to click on the picture and it takes me to the exact thing I'm looking for (recipe or whatever). When I want to pin something I click on the red "pin it" button in the upper left corner. I'm not very savvy at getting around on sites, but never sign into any account with FB...always use my e-mail. Although I use FB a little, I find it too intrusive for my taste.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:47 PM

Usually at the bottom of the picture, you'll find their website. If the link doesn't work, just copy and paste and go to it directly.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:15 PM

I love Pinterest! I have more than 260 boards. Pinterest is merely a place to hold links to other sites. If you aren't getting the info you want when you go to a site, it isn't Pinterest's fault, it's the site's problem. Some sites just aren't any good. Some sites make you go through hoops to get the info you are looking for. As someone else said, you can make any or all of your boards private. And if someone follows you or pins something of yours and you don't want them to do that, you can block them. I am not on Face Book, but I spend a lot of time on Pinterest!

Leslie