Advice needed

Old 08-29-2011, 05:29 PM

Emmanuel was being a boy today and started playing with a tube creating a suction around his lips. He did it many times before I noticed and now he has a big bruise around his lips that look like a mustache. Can anyone advice how to clear it before school start?

Not his happiest moment
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248796[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248790.jpe  
Old 08-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Oh my. LOL The poor child!

Arnica cream is my go-to for bruising; you can find it at the natural foods store.

Ice will constrict the blood vessels and cut off any residual bleeding, but won't do much for the bruise that's there.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:32 PM

It will clear up on its own. It's like a bruise and will fade and eventually disappear. Don't know what you can do to help it disappear faster, though.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:35 PM

Only time will fix it! Keep the picture with the story and be sure to tell his wife when he gets married!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 PM

The same thing happened earlier this summer with a suction cup on the forehead. I didn't take a picture of that one, but when I told my sister she about died laughing. She did the same thing when she was little. Luckily she had bangs to cover it. It eventually went away on its own, but I don't remember how long it took.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM

My nephew used to take his bottom lip and cover up the top lip and do like a sucking thing and he had a "permanent" bruise that looked like a mustache bruise. His doctor said that it was just a nervous habit that needed to be broken which FINALLY my sister broke him of it but it took a while for the bruising to disappear. I don't remember how my sister broke his habit but she did. Now he is 30 years old and when he gets really stressed out he will 'suck" on his top lip. I supposed boys will be boys. It should only take a couple of days for it to disappear.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:46 PM

Hope school doesn't start tomorrow - poor guy. :(

Sorry I have no cure but advise him to keep his tongue in his mouth when near metal posts come winter. lol
Old 08-29-2011, 05:54 PM

Um--boys will be boys LOL. That picture is priceless!! I don't think there's much you can do except ice. Poor kid!! I'm sorry to laugh, you made my night. I remember my uncle did that with a suction cup to his forhead--OMG he was 40 years old, a business executive and had to work the next day. He even tried covering it with bangs (like a bad comb-over) and pleaded with my aunt to try to cover it with make-up. Don't know how that ended but I'm sure your little one will be just fine. I can't quit laughing!! (sorry)
Old 08-29-2011, 06:02 PM

My kids did enough of this too! I heard ice cubes in a wet wash cloth. The cloth makes having the ice cube on there a little bearable and easier to handle. I also heard about toothpaste, but I don't know about that. Never tried it. I have a friend who was kicked by a horse a week before middle school started. Pretty good shiner on her chin for awhile. Started a new school that year too.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 PM

sorry to say, a little ice might help.. but overall.. time is the only thing tht will make it gone...

the pic is priceless tho..... those big sad eyes... so adorable!!