Ain't it the truth!

Old 11-28-2013, 09:22 PM

I like to give my grands something in 'green' every year. It's always in style and never the wrong size. So far, I've never had a complaint or had to accept a return, either.

DH and I buy our own presents and tell each other how pleased we are , that the gifts that are so perfect for us, just what we wanted!

I usually get DH a shirt and underwear, too, but he's smart enough not to do the same for me!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:16 PM
Power Poster

I use to go to Black Friday sales with my girls and we always had a good time. It was crowded but everyone was nice. The last time I went to a Black Friday sale I was shocked how nasty the people were! There were groups acting like gangs to get what they wanted first. I can't stand people like that so I left immediately.
Old 11-28-2013, 10:34 PM

IT WAS AWFUL!!! After dinner I put the soup on simmer, and my DIL BEGGED me to go with her. Broke my cardinal rule and went. We went to Walmart, and it was so incredibly packed we couldn't even pull into their parking lot. The service road was parked full, and overflow parking had already filled the huge Slumberland store across the street. We went down the street to a repeat at Target. Stood in line with her for almost an hour to get the "I-pod" she "needed"! Neither store had enough staff, and I'm sure, from what we saw, both suffered lots of theft! I worked black Friday for 20 years in both mall and destination stores, and never saw those kind of crowds! Almost worse that being at the state fair!! No shortage of people spending money!!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:33 AM

several stores over here are joining this scheme - can't imagine anything worse will definitely be staying away ha ha
Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 AM

I assume a lot of the frenzied shoppers should NOT rack up their credit cards to celebrate a holiday that they do not understand the true meaning of. I love the holidays btw, but the commercial campaigns to get everyone in a frenzy is sad. Camping out for days just to be first in the door? I wonder if they take vacation days, call in sick, dont work??

I worked 14 Black Fridays and I prefer working them vs. trying to shop them. I found them fun. It was a day of shopper traffic control, picking up the sales floor, ringing the register. I was a Manager. Those days were in the late 70's-1988. They were fun. I was much younger too. Sunday store hours were the exception....not the norm.

I will watch the mayhem from my recliner.

Sandy
Old 11-29-2013, 04:11 AM

I was in walmart yesterday (early) doing grocery shopping. There were local police in the store. I asked them if they were for crowd control for the big sale, they said yes. Pathetic, that people would act so badly while SHOPPING that they need police to keep them in line. And this is in a small town, fairly nice area.

And no, I have never gone shopping on B.F.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:02 AM

I've never done the black Friday thing either, shopping can be crazy enough and I don't need to get mixed up in the nuttiness of it all. And brown Thursday!!! Next it will be shopping after Christmas sales on Christmas day - is nothing sacred anymore?? Remember when stores were closed on Sunday, Sundays were church, family dinners, family days, now Sundays are just another day and prayers are not allowed in schools, I think we are becoming a very sad, self-absorbed society where no one will care about anyone but themselves anymore. Sad.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Power Poster

I so agree!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 05:49 AM

I did Black Friday once about 20 years ago, turned around and went home. I was so saddened by the actions of others.
Old 11-29-2013, 05:50 AM

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!