Alabama Quilters

Old 04-27-2011, 08:45 PM

Thank you for your prayers. We had a tornado hit about four miles from our house where it destroyed two mobile homes or more. About 12 miles from here, three people lost their lives, again in mobile homes. I so wish people would get out of their trailers when storms are coming. We thank the Lord for our safety.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:48 PM
Power Poster

It was devastating watching all the destruction on the news. My prayers go out to all who have suffered losses and to all our board members!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 PM
Kas

Just heard from my big sis who is in Huntsville, Al that Moores Mill Rd was hit bad. Glenn lives out that way. I hope he is ok. The power is out for thousands up there. Thank goodness for her Android phone!
Old 04-27-2011, 10:42 PM

My prayers goes to all people hit by Tornado. God be with them and protect them.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM

Prayers going to all the folks affected! 70 deaths so far! wow!

Last Friday we had our tragedy with tornadoes! Luckily ther were no deaths here. The one that hit was an EF4. Thats powerful. Fema has arrived.
Old 04-28-2011, 12:45 AM

My niece lives in Tuscaloosa and I was able to get thru to her by cell phone. They only got minor damage...they live right outside town on acreage where they're building a new home. Right now, they live in a mobile home situated on top of a hill so I was worried! BUT, one of the first things they put in was a storm shelter so they're prepared. She told me the Hobby Lobby was destroyed.

We had two spotted near me. Sirens were going off but neither touch down near me. One did touch down south of me and did some minor damage. One touched down in North MS last night..7 were killed.

It was the strangest sight. Cloudy, hard rain, then cloudy again, then sun came out...this sequence just kept repeating.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:09 AM

Just heard from my friend's son in Pleasant Grove, AL and her house was destroyed, thank God she only got a scratch on her leg. Please continue to pray for all who have suffered from this devastating.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:22 AM

We're okay in Trussville, AL, about 15 minutes outside of Birmingham. We are so very thankful as there have been so many lives and homes lost. My physical therapist told me this morning that several hospital employees lost their lives (one wife/husband both, leaving behind 3 small kids), several employees or some of their family members are still unaccounted for, and several lost their homes. One of the ladies that works for my husband lost her home, as it was flattened. Fortunately for her, she had gone to her son's so she is safe. So sad, all around. Remembering all the ones affected in pray. God Bless them all!!!! Sandy
Old 04-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Kas
How are you in Huntsville, redhotnana and Glenn?
I just heard on the news that Huntsville is still without power.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:58 AM

We are in Cahaba heights Area of Birmingham. No damage, but no power. Our son lives in main part of Cahaba Heights. The damage missed him by about 100 yards. I am so thankful!! We both have generators and are doing fine. There are so many people in the Birmingham Area whose homes are completely destroyed. There are areas that were hit here that they have not even gotten to yet! Once section of the City (Pratt City still has 55 people unaccounted for).How can I complain about no power when I have my life, my child and a place to lay my head. Please pray for Alabama.